Tracr™ is an innovative, industry-focused distributed traceability platform developed for the diamond industry by market leader, De Beers. Tracr is the first organisation that can securely track a diamond across the diamond value chain – from mine to cutter and polisher through to the jeweller. We use a unique cutting-edge technologies that allow users to keep ownership of their data and share it selectively, while still ensuring immutable traceability. Our platform enables us to create a rich application ecosystem while creating opportunities for industry participants and third-party developers to build custom applications.
- Diverse team of world class colleagues
- Awesome tech culture in a scale-up
- Apple Macs for all
- Meritocratic, flat structure
- Pension contributions
- Informal dress code
- Group medical & insurance coverage
- Great compensation package
- Season ticket loan
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and practical blockchain software engineer with a keen interest in current blockchain technology going beyond cryptocurrencies.
Using your experience of different blockchain technologies and software engineering best practices you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming the diamond industry.
You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to the core platform and applications running on top of it. You will also get to contribute (or just get exposure - up to you) to all the aspects of the Tracr platform, from machine learning to IoT to security engineering (e.g. Intel SGX), and you will also work very closely with the front end developers, product and the go-to-market team. You will also be closely involved with formulating of the long term blockchain strategy of the Track ecosystem.
Engineering is a small, focused, flat team of software, security, blockchain and devops engineers and we are looking for people to not only help us deliver our requirements but also to add to our existing broad and diverse knowledge base.
- Design and implementation of blockchain aspects of our core solution for diamond traceability in line with software engineering best practices
- Working with the wider engineering team in implementing our core platform and helping them work with and understand blockchain technologies
- Taking an active part in blockchain code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other members of the team
- Working closely with product and project management on identifying and prioritising features
Internal education and evangelising of blockchain-related protocols/platform/theories
- Practical demonstrable experience in implementing blockchain solutions
- Solid relevant academic background
- Provable working understanding of core blockchain concepts e.g. how blockchains and consensus protocols work, how different signature approaches work and when they should be used etc
- Hands-on experience in developing and prototyping smart-contracts with solid experience in related tools (e.g. Solidity, web3, Truffle, Infura, Geth, Parity etc)
- Experience of working in more than one blockchain (e.g. Hyperledger/Quorum/Multichain) including Ethereum
- Working experience in dealing with blockchain issues including security, privacy-preservation, scalability (off-chain/on-chain) with an interest and understanding of wider issues e.g. regulatory implications
- Experience and interest in enclave approaches to trusted execution and their implications to Blockchain
- Solid experience in cryptographic protocols addressing existing blockchain issues (encryption schemes, zero-knowledge, signature schemes)
- Working experience in implementation of secure and scalable data-integrity layer (eg Merkle tree-based techniques)
- Solid experience with researching, designing and implementing highly-scalable distributed systems
- Solid experience with researching, designing and implementing token systems
- Experience in building Blockchains that may operate in inherently insecure environments