Haja Networks builds foundational distributed and decentralized technologies for the future Internet.
With open-source, transparency and diversity as our core values, we’re currently focused on:
- Providing building blocks and tools to re-decentralize the web
- Developing foundational decentralized database protocols for the future Internet
- Building OrbitDB, a serverless, distributed, peer-to-peer database, and its community
Everything we build is open source and made available on GitHub, and we work as part of a larger open-source community building the decentralized web.
We’re a small and focused distributed team working around the globe. We don’t have an office and our team members are currently located in Oulu, Berlin, Barcelona, Dubai and Vermont. Communication is an important factor in distributed work and we stay in sync using GitHub, IRC, Slack, email and Zoom.
Haja Networks was founded in early 2018 in Finland and is funded by top investors in the decentralization space.
We are looking for a skilled Database Engineer to work on our database protocols and peer-to-peer database implementations.
- Develop and design a reference implementation for the database protocol
- Develop new tools to integrate native databases to networks using the protocol
- Improve and optimize the protocol, its implementation and documentation for better developer experience
- Build a welcoming open source community by participating in discussions and helping others
- 3+ years of experience working with distributed databases
- 3+ years of system programming experience in a non-managed language (Rust, Go, C++ etc).
- Understanding of modern database internals, data modeling, and distributed databases
Nice to have
- Engineering experience with distributed databases, systems and networks
- Experience with IPFS and OrbitDB or other peer-to-peer technologies
- Experience and understanding of smart contracts, crypto-currencies, and blockchains
- Experience in, or a desire to learn functional programming
- Experience in open source software development