at Ape Unit
We are creating a blockchain ecosystem through the development of interfaces, lighthouse apps and developer resources. Our ultimate goal is to help this technology to reach its full potential by making it more accessible and useful to everyone.
We are currently seeking a Berlin based, experienced Front End developer with good communication skills to join our growing team as soon as possible. Blockchain experience is required. You are going to help conceptualize, coordinate and develop different kinds of decentralized blockchain applications, BC connected backend systems and websites. You will be the bridge between the design and technical development, a highly valued member of our team who will have the opportunity to take ownership of specific aspects of our primary blockchain project.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced front end developer, collaborative, self-motivated, and a fast and dedicated learner who is interested in new challenges. You can push ideas forward in an agile project environment, are comfortable working with a diverse, partly remote team and are able to see the big picture in any project as well as lead your team to clarity with a solution oriented approach. You are a bridge between the technical and visual aspects of the project, and always excited about new possibilities. Oh, and you are a great software developer!
• Proficient in GIT and knowledge of pull request based workflows
• Interest and experienced in API design
• General understanding of Blockchain and decentralized apps and motivated to learn more
• Skilled in one of the following (or similar): Vue.js (prefered), React, Angular
• Experience in frontend bundling (Webpack) and testing
• basic CSS skills and the ability to create simple layouts
• Excellent communication skills
• Team management experience
• Some experience with Linux servers, NGINX and cloud hosting (AWS, DO)
• Experienced in smart contract programming (Solidity)
• Understanding of cryptography
• Good CSS3 + SCSS
• The time and space to research and evaluate trends and technologies in open source software and grow your skill set
• Flexible working hours, new working models, realistic workloads with high value on not treating people like robots, we respect your personal time!
• Being part of a diverse team of professionals in a comfortable, friendly office
• Competitive salary that offers a high standard of living in beautiful Berlin
*Because of our timely needs, we are looking for someone who currently lives in or is planning to rapidly relocate to Berlin on their own. No relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
• The chance to actively influence and contribute to a cutting edge technology
• Join an exciting project with huge potential, moving blockchain technology forward
• Work on a mass market approach towards the possibilities of blockchain and deliver real-world impact
As a valued member of the Unit you will receive competitive hourly compensation, free fruit, drinks and team lunch daily. Also four weeks paid holiday and a pony!
Please send your detailed application, including a cover letter explaining your experience/interest in blockchain. Please also indicate your salary expectations and include the earliest possible date you could start. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯