Haja Networks builds foundational distributed and decentralized technologies for the future Internet.
With open-source, transparency and diversity as our core values, we’re currently focused on:
- Providing building blocks and tools to re-decentralize the web
- Developing foundational decentralized database protocols for the future Internet
- Building OrbitDB, a serverless, distributed, peer-to-peer database, and its community
Everything we build is open source and made available on GitHub, and we work as part of a larger open-source community building the decentralized web.
We’re a small and focused distributed team working around the globe. We don’t have an office and our team members are currently located in Oulu, Berlin, Barcelona, Dubai and Vermont. Communication is an important factor in distributed work and we stay in sync using GitHub, IRC, Slack, email and Zoom.
Haja Networks was founded in early 2018 in Finland and is funded by top investors in the decentralization space.
- Develop new features and maintain existing code for OrbitDB and its modules
- Develop new tools and applications that help users to better use OrbitDB
- Improve the code, tooling and documentation for OrbitDB
- Build a welcoming open source community by participating in discussions and helping others
- Understanding of peer-to-peer paradigms
Nice to have
- Understanding of modern database internals, data modeling, and distributed databases
- Engineering experience with distributed databases, systems and networks
- Experience developing decentralized applications
- Experience with IPFS and OrbitDB or other peer-to-peer technologies
- Experience and understading of smart contracts, crypto-currencies and blockchains
- Experience in, or a desire to learn functional programming
- Experience in open source software development