We are on a world-changing mission to build a new, regenerative economy and a more human internet.
Holo is a distributed cloud platform that enables our community to earn cryptocurrency by hosting truly peer-to-peer applications on their own mini servers. Holo is built on Holochain, our new open source, post-blockchain framework that is faster, massively scalable and 10,000x cheaper.
Following our successful ICO, we are rapidly expanding and are looking for high-level Developers to help us build out our Holochain app.
This is a perfect opportunity for a hands-on talent professional who wants an exciting challenge, working in a highly entrepreneurial environment on a world-changing mission.
We are looking for an extremely proactive energizing person who can be both supportive and a driver toward success. You will coordinate with all of the development teams in Holo as the Product owner and PM for Holochain our open-source distributed application framework. Through this you will gain a deep understanding of what Holochain is enabling in the world.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the dev team goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives
- Support daily technical coordination with our dev team to ensure that team is clear about priorities and dependencies
- Encourage and synchronize with open source community activities based on organization objectives
- Coordinate business and technical requirements, prioritisations, and timelines between our Holochain Core dev team and downstream teams to ensure priorities match needs. This includes developing schedules and understanding the critical path
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality - own issue resolution, and recommend corrective actions & implement changes.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations, provide timely communication and resolve conflicts in support of driving successful delivery of releases
- Define and develop detailed project plans based on the given requirements and scopes
- Communicate release details and schedules to the organization as required
- Coordinate with QA and Delivery to plan and align all non-dev release activities
- Support process improvements in the release process
- Work with devops to improve and ensure reliable automations, releases, and dashboards
- Provide hands-on detail work - ie. making sure README’s are updated, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of product owner, scrum master and/or technical project management experience, (prefer Telecom, IoT, OS or other complex software system)
- 8+ years of experience in software business and systems analysis or development
- Experience in Open Source team coordination
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor or engineering
- Proven ability to coordinate with open source community activity
- Familiarity with distributed system design and understanding of the difficulties and problems of distributed computing strongly preferred
- Knowledge of statically typed programming language strongly preferred
- Formal training in agile project management practices preferred
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile development methodologies and their associated quality assurance methods.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Broad understanding of computer-science and software development principles and practices suitable for senior level contribution in an exceptionally complex project
- Knowledge of networking principles and protocols preferred
- Comfort and knowledge of advanced cryptographic techniques and security protocols would be a bonus
- Ease and familiarity in coordinating distributed work using git & Github in a Continuous Integration context
- Able to quickly learn and contribute in a fast-paced remote distributed working environment, sharing knowledge and seeking feedback
- Comfort and experience with remote team operations is a must
Some details about what we offer:
- Generous salary (National Currency)
- Generous crypto pay program (HOT & Holo fuel)
- Supportive team trial period
- Regular team meetings (video and in person)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
- Holo is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate our diverse, creative, and collaborative team.