Ripple is sharpening its focus on the dynamic cross-border payments rails in and out of China! We are looking for our first set of feet on the ground in China to launch and operationalize our team there. While you won’t be doing this on your own, the role requires an extremely high level of autonomy, entrepreneurial energy and business savviness to smoothly bring our new international office to life. This role directly reports to the CEO of SBI Ripple Asia, a joint venture between Ripple and SBI Holdings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Partner with the Ripple and SBI Ripple Asia leadership teams to define and execute a strategy that will enable Ripple China to become a significant contributor to the growing Ripple network
- Establish and foster relationships with all members of Ripple’s ecosystem (banks, partners, regulators) in China
- Generate leads and drive sales bookings for Ripple products and services to financial institutions in China
- Establish strategic partnerships that help expand Ripple’s payments network
- Hire and manage a lean cross-functional team (Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Customer Success and Regulatory Relationships) in conjunction with business leaders across the two companies
- Engage actively with Ripple and SBI Ripple Asia to offer insights into local needs and trends; support sales targets, service delivery and satisfaction metrics
WHO YOU ARE:
- Seasoned entrepreneur with an execution mindset who has experience building a high-performance team from the ground up; somebody who loves getting down to the details and wearing many hats in order to drive results
- Deeply familiar with China’s financial services landscape (banks, payments, regulatory issues, etc.) & has an established network of contacts
- Strong communicator of ideas with the ability to engage and lead client and Ripple teams in challenging the status quo, implementing change and driving action
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop and retain talent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven success in consulting, marketing or product management in financial services, banking technology or payments is essential
- 7-10 years experience in China’s market is critical, ideally with high-growth tech or fintech companies
- Native-level and professional proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a must
- A postgraduate business qualification highly desired
SBI Ripple Asia was established in 2016 as a joint venture between Ripple and SBI Holdings to collaboratively expand into the Asia region by combining Ripple’s technology and SBI’s local expertise in Asia.
WHO WE ARE:
We provide global financial settlement solutions to ultimately enable the world to exchange value like it already exchanges information – giving rise to an Internet of Value (IoV). Ripple solutions lower the total cost of settlement by enabling banks to transact directly, without correspondent banks, and with real-time certainty of settlement. Banks around the world are partnering with Ripple to improve their cross-border payment offerings, and to join the growing, global network of financial institutions and market makers laying the foundation for the Internet of Value.
We’re backed by prominent investors like Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, CME Group, Santander Bank and Seagate Technology. We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s Financial District with offices in New York, London, Luxembourg, and Sydney. As an industry advocate for the Internet of Value, Ripple sits on the Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Task Force Steering Committee and co-chairs the W3C’s Web Payments Working Group.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.