Omise is excited to launch its new crypto exchange and is looking to find the right people to help the exchange grow and succeed.
Why we need you
Omise is looking for a great software developer to join the exchange team, where you will focus on building out the back-end API’s, adding new cryptocurrency nodes, enhancing functionalities of the front end and developing the administration back office.
The exchange team stack is currently React, Elixir & PostgreSQL, with more to be added in the future. You’ll have a chance to contribute your unique perspective and expertise to produce systems that are highly secure, easily scalable with extreme performance. We are also looking for talented Ruby and NodeJS devs and will provide training to become a full time Elixir developer
The core principles that we’re looking for in a developer, as far as writing good code goes, are clarity, simplicity and defensiveness:
- Clarity: you can write clear code that any dev could read and understand in one go
- Simplicity: you can write gimmick-free and straightforward code with no ambiguities
- Defensiveness: you can cover edge cases and treat user inputs & outputs with care
As the best person for this position, you should go out of your way to teach your peers as well as
being eager to learn new things. The team also greatly values developers who can read and understand code efficiently and provide helpful feedback. In short, you must be comfortable reviewing other people’s code.
- Eager to learn new things
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Write test for your code
- Write consistent code
- Work in team
- Communicate with confidence in English
- Handle responsibilities
Nice to have experience
- Functional programming
- Electronic trading exchange and/or high transactional volume applications
- Blockchain tech, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts
- REST and/or websockets API’s
Life at Omise
If you like to do things a little different and don’t play by the book - then come a little closer.
At Omise, we celebrate individualism and nourish a trust-based working culture. We give our employees the freedom to develop and we love to see our fellow Omisians grow with us.
We’re on a mission to achieve our goal, “Payment for Everyone”, and are working with some of the greatest minds in the business to achieve it. Growing with us means to get things done, think outside the box and excel in your profession. If this sounds like you, then get in touch today and take the first steps towards a life at Omise.
What we offer
- Above market salary
- A nice and flexible work environment
- Flexible working hours
- A health care plan
- 3 days per week of remote work
- A MacBook Pro to work from coffee shops or beaches
- A friendly bunch of colleagues
We encourage people from all nationalities, ethnicities and walks of life to apply.