Shift Markets provides enterprise-level technology to clients launching global Crypto Exchanges. The firm’s turnkey package includes a front-end trading platform, back office, order management system and liquidity. Shift’s team serves a global clientele from its New York City headquarters with locations in EU and Asia as well.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. Our ideal team member is someone who is in or wants to get into the crypto space. This person should be enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and experienced. We are looking for someone who is excited about developing client-facing applications and who truly enjoys back end development.
• Help develop web application back-ends and middleware for various enterprise software projects
• Collaborate with marketing and executive teams to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for new projects
• Design, test, develop, and deploy production-ready applications.
• Strong understanding of software development principles and practices
• Strong quantitative analysis ability
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Contribution to open source projects is a plus
• User-interface design skills is a plus
• Familiarity with FX and/or crypto currency is a plus
• Financial markets experience a bonus
• Experience with Java, C#, or C++
• Presentation layer: HTML5, CSS3 (media queries, selectors), Less.js or Sass
• Protocols: WebSocket, FIX
• Cloud services: AWS, Azure
• At least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a major in Computer Science (or another applied science) a plus.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Full benefits. Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $72,000.