Our client is searching for an experienced Software Engineer to join their Chicago office. They are looking for Software Engineers to join its team to learn digital currencies and develop the systems that will contribute to the low latency trading platform.
You will be working closely with traders, quants and other software engineers to implement and extend the different parts of the trading infrastructure including low-latency trade execution services, tick data infrastructure, database service layers, exchange connections, back testing systems, GUIs, risk management systems, calculation and modeling engines and compliance monitoring tools.
The successful candidate will use modern software tools in an agile project management process with a focus on continuous integration and regression testing to build highly performant code in a Linux environment.
- Core proficiency in C++11, preferably on a Linux platform
- C# knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency with Blockchain Technology
- Experience with Cryptocurrency
- Ability to research Cryptocurrency’s impact on markets
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Experience with multithreading, real-time systems and socket programming
- Ultra-low latency programming experience
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in finance or trading is a definite plus
- A self-motivated personality with a passion for working in a trading organization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, statistics or any quantitative-focused course
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
If you would like to be considered for the position of Software Engineer, or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team