Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Kraken announced the acquisition of Crypto Facilities, a world-leading, regulated cryptocurrency trading platform and index provider in February of this year. The combination of Kraken and Crypto Facilities (now Kraken Futures) creates a global leader in cryptocurrency spot and futures trading. A pioneer in the industry, the firm was the first regulated entity to list futures on Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple XRP, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. Users value the high integrity, low latency marketplace that Crypto Facilities provides under the regulatory supervision of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
As a Frontend API Engineer you will be constantly improving internal and public APIs, services, tests, and modules. You will be building RESTful API endpoints to improve the experience for our bot traders and support the development of new UI improving the experience for clients. You will be pushing the envelope, introducing new patterns to help us modernize our code base, while maintaining existing endpoints to improve usability. We value security and need someone who is thoughtful with experience probing and reverse engineering APIs so we can work to prevent the same. You will be working closely with the frontend web team to build the best exchange in the world!
- Constantly improving our frontend API systems to enable rapid development
- Refactor legacy code to introduce new patterns and improve the overall quality
- Developing and maintaining tooling
- Optimizing restful services and security to improve client experience
- Interest in security and a thoughtful and thorough consideration of the security -implications of development decisions.
- A thorough understanding of bash and unix systems.
- A deep understanding of PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Slim, Laravel) PHP 5 & 7 and with the ability to talk about the runtime.
- A deep understanding of RESTful and API design
- Experience building restful JSON web services
- Experience with security best practices (CSP, XSS, CSRF)
- Familiar with limitations of PHP and workarounds
- Experience working with HTTP & RPC APIs
- Experience integrating multiple data sources
- Experience writing concise, readable, testable and reusable code
Nice to haves
- Experience using React to develop UI/UX experiences
- Experience writing RESTful services in NodeJS or Golang
- Understanding of React