Messari is building a free, global, and open-source data library for cryptoasset projects. Our mission is to promote transparency and smarter decision-making within this emerging ecosystem.
We are a New York based startup backed by some of the industry’s top investors. Our mission is to promote transparency and smarter decision-making within this emerging ecosystem by building a free, global, and open-source data library for cryptoasset projects.
The cryptoasset industry is growing rapidly, but filtering quality projects from scams poses a challenge for developers and investors alike. Are you looking for opportunities in the industry, but concerned about the hype? Do you want to be help people parse signals from noise, ship product, and actually #BUIDL?
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, and looking for an entrepreneurial role where you can take ownership of your work with little hand-holding.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to write clean and effective code, regardless of framework
- Experience with database design
- Experience with server scaling
- Experience working with real-time data
- Ability to balance fast release cycles with a long-term focus
- Experience with git and github
- Passionate about the cryptoasset ecosystem and open-source technologies
- DevOps experience
- Distributed systems background
Our world-class database will be relied on by major industry participants, investors of all stripes, and the broader public, including governments and regulators. To build this, we are constructing our engineering team around these core values:
- Elegant systems often, but not always, lead to happy customers
- Modularize, refactor, and document
- Flexibility is key; code only what’s necessary
- Write readable code
- Ship early, get feedback often
As an early member of our team you will be working directly alongside our senior developers, and fit is critically important to us. If you align well with these values, and are looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself, we would love to hear from you!
Messari is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Messari does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. Messari also strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.