We are looking for a Smart Contract Engineer (Solidity, CodeChain) who is able to interpret traditional real world contracts and transform them into autonomous software applications.
What you will do
- Develop smart contracts from scratch that digitize real world assets and legal terms.
- Implement data security and protection.
- Develop new applications from the concept inception phase to the testing phase.
- Write and implement software solutions that integrate different systems.
- Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
- Partner with our team to define architecture and best practices
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering problem solving
- Work cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Communicate clearly though commit messages and documentation
- Deep understanding of blockchain and distributed ledger protocols and smart contract scripting languages (e.g. Solidity, CodeChain)
- Ability to apply technical theories, principles and techniques into real world applications
- Previous work with P2P Networking and distributed systems.
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, PoW, Tendermint
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures. ( ECDH, ECDSA, PGP and AES)
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, Golang, Rust.
- Active demonstrable interest in Ethereum, Hyperledger, distributed systems, DHTs and cryptography.
- Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in this fast growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied.
- Translate requirements from architects and product managers into functional code.
- Think through and anticipate how hackers and others may attempt to subvert or mis-use applications
- Passionate about technology and applying it to business solutions.
- Enthusiasm for working in a space full of unknown unknowns, pivoting as needed, and being comfortable with not knowing the end state
- Self-starter-able to work on his own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be interested in working in a collaborative environment and possess good client interfacing skills, good communication skills and able to work in both a team environment as well as individually.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical subject
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- You have advanced knowledge of Blockchain and Distributed ledger technologies and at least one smart Contract scripting language (e.g. Solidity, CodeChain, Python, GoLang) and knowledge of or eagerness to learn: R, MongoDB / SQL
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point.
- You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends across blockchain technologies shaping business innovation globally.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement and work easily on remote and distributed teams
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
In your message to us please answer: If you could build/work on anything, what would you create?
75 - 90k USD