We are looking for a Smart Contract - Security Engineer (Solidity, CodeChain) who is able to deconstruct, hack, and secure smart contracts and Dapps.
About the Role
- This person should have a passion for Solidity, the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), and security.
- This is a challenging full-time position hacking, modeling, scanning, auditing, designing and enhancing the security of smart contracts.
- A significant part of the work can be done remotely wherever you are; little travel is anticipated (most of the technical team works remotely around the world).
- We are looking for exceptionally intellectual, bright and technically driven individuals. We will be addressing challenges that have not been encountered before while borrowing from patterns in previous software architectures.
- Deep understanding of blockchain and distributed ledger protocols and smart contract scripting languages (e.g. Solidity, CodeChain)
- Demonstrated expertise and contributions towards smart contract security, EIPs (Ethereum Improvement Proposals), or research.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar technical subject, PhD in relevant field is a plus.
- 3 years of relevant work experience analyzing the security of systems (penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.).
- experience in responding to security problems in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- Think through and anticipate how hackers and others may attempt to subvert or mis-use applications
- Previous work with P2P Networking and distributed systems.
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, PoW, Tendermint.
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures. ( ECDH, ECDSA, PGP and AES).
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, Golang, Rust.
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages.
What we value
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- Keep up to date on emerging capabilities in this fast growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied.
- Enthusiasm for working in a space full of unknown unknowns, pivoting as needed, and being comfortable with not knowing the end state.
- Self-starter-able to work on his own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point.
- You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture skills. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
- You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends across blockchain technologies shaping business innovation globally.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement and work easily on remote and distributed teams
75 - 90k USD