Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Growth team plays an important part in building user-focussed products. We work with both GDAX and Coinbase to grow our customer base by coming up with product hypotheses, running experiments, analyzing results and iterating with product teams. We’re a force multiplier for product teams, helping them deliver simple and delightful customer experiences.
This is where we need you - you’ll work with product, frontend and backend teams to define growth experiments that help us validate assumptions we make about how our customers use our product. As an early member, you’ll also help us build infrastructure for running experiments and analyzing results, by collaborating with our data science team. If you’re a polyglot programmer and enjoy working with people and product, and have a knack for drawing insights from large data sets, we should talk.
A little about our team: we’re a multi-disciplinary product team with experts in data science, product and marketing. We work across different product stacks, which require us to dabble in a variety of frameworks like React, Rails, Sinatra and Node.js. We also use Postgres, MongoDB and Redshift as our data stores. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
- Maximize customer delight and value across Coinbase’s products, by working with individual teams to define hypotheses, run experiments and draw conclusions from results.
- Work across the entire stack and build infrastructure to help engineers and non-engineers run experiments that improve the product.
- Articulate a long term vision for growth engineering and infrastructure at Coinbase.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’re comfortable working full-stack, and are excited about diving into the frontend, backend or datastore as needed.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed.
Nice to Haves
- You’ve run growth experiments or A/B tests.
- You have deep expertise in front-end, back-end or statistical data analysis.
- You can manipulate large data sets in SQL or other data languages.