- Understand, develop, and evolve the revenue recognition and reporting process related to Anchorage’s lending, brokerage and custody business lines.
- Analyze contracts with customers and ensure accuracy and timeliness of reported revenue.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on accounting implications of new and existing product offerings.
- Establish and perform appropriate monthly close processes and internal controls, policies, and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and industry best practices.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on commercial banking relationships, including monitoring bank activity and trends as well as managing payables, receivables, and inter-company transactions.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including flux analysis and account reconciliations.
- Work with outside auditors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data, including building and reconciling reporting relevant to audit preparation.
- Design and implement an ongoing process for Internal Capitalized Software.
- Prepare investor updates, including month over month cash burn analytics, and trend explanations.
- Assist in implementation and design of new financial/accounting software and integration tools.
- You have +7 years of related accounting experience at a high-growth pre-IPO startup (Broker-dealer and/or lending experience is a strong plus).
- You have 2+ years of experience doing audits at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- You have strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- You have progressive experience with consolidations in a multi-currency, multiple legal entity environment, including international entities and foreign currency translation.
- You have a track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects.
- You have excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with FINRA in the past.
- You have a BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance, CPA strongly preferred.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You have experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- You have worked at or with institutional investment funds.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Similar Blockchain jobs: