Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the benefits of working in the Cryptocurrency Industry?
Working in the Cryptocurrency / Web3 industry is full of perks! And we are not talking only about the extreme cardio sessions you get when BTC drops.
Here are some of the benefits of working in crypto:
- High growth potential (yes, a lot of money): Cryptocurrency / Web3 is new (kinda) and has a lot of room for growth. You can get a new job faster than any other niche, plus there are a lot of entry-level opportunities! If you have experience in another field (development, marketing, finance, etc.) you can study a few concepts and get a new job in crypto.
- Modern technology: The cryptocurrency sector is at the front line of technology innovations! It provides you with a chance to work with the latest technology.
- Decentralization: The Web3 sector runs on decentralized platforms, a new way of doing business. Not only making traditional finance look dumb, but crypto also makes everything faster and fairer. If you hate taxes, you should look into crypto! We are kidding, please pay your taxes.
- Opportunities for innovation: from million-dollar monkey JPEGs to the biggest financial decentralized systems. Crypto has it all! As the blockchain sphere unravels, people have the chance to innovate and develop new products and services.
- Strong demand for expertise: As the virtual currency industry expands, there is an increasing need for people. It's an attractive career path for those with the appropriate skills.
What Job Opportunities are available in the Crypto Industry?
Pretty much any profession you can think of can exist in Web3 if you add "crypto" at the beginning. We haven't found any crypto psychologists or crypto carpenters, but we know they are out there!
These are the roles we know for sure web3 and crypto needs:
1. Blockchain Developer: develops (duh) and maintains blockchain-based systems and applications. You can look for Blockchain Developer jobs here.
2. Crypto Trader: A cryptocurrency trader buys and sells digital currency to increase profits. Companies in the Web3 space often need Traders to increase their earnings and manage clients' portfolios. Take a look at some Crypto Trader jobs here!
3. Cryptocurrency Analyst: They are in charge of examining market movements and advising clients on investments. If you are looking at this position think about it as a TikToker trying to be famous by abusing trends (Oh no, no, no) but with money! You can look for Cryptocurrency Analyst jobs here.
4. Compliance Officer: Ensures sure that the business and workers abide by cryptocurrency-related regulations. FTX really needed one of those! If you get the joke, we are sorry. Take a look at some Compliance Officer jobs here!
5. Marketing and PR: They’re in charge of drawing attention to the business, its goods, and services. And no, Logan Paul would not be a good example of this role. Take a look at some Marketing and PR jobs here!
6. Customer Support: helps clients with concerns and questions related to products and services. In this case, we are talking about Crypto products and services. If you are good at dealing with people (unlike the writer of this FAQ) this is a good way to enter web3! Take a look at some Customer Support jobs here!
7. Cybersecurity Specialist: A cybersecurity specialist is in charge of protecting the company and clients from exploits. You are the one in charge that no hot singles appear in the area! No hacker shall pass! You can look for Cybersecurity Specialist jobs here.
8. Operations and Administration: accountable for the day-to-day management of the business. It can be the administration of people, financial matters, and other administrative duties. Of course, you get to use the remaining of the monthly budget for a killer breakfast! You can look for Operations and Administration jobs here.
This is not an exhaustive list, and new job roles are emerging as the industry continues to evolve and grow.
What skills are required for Crypto Jobs?
While some people make Crypto/Web3 look easy, there is a lot you should know before getting a job in the fastest-evolving industry. This is a small list we made for you to see if you have what you need to be the next Cz!
Technical skills: everything related to Cryptocurrency/Web3 started with coding! Bitcoin was the miracle that gave birth to crypto, it gained fame thanks to its usefulness and technicality. It needed no influencers shilling behind it. For roles such as blockchain developer, a strong background in computer science is essential.
Mathematical and analytical skills: For some roles, high school math won't be enough! You need to have some sort of math agility. At least for roles such as Trader, Analyst, etc. If you understand financial markets, you can go far. Don't forget, some roles don't need too much math (too little is still too much math if you ask me)
Problem-solving: In Crypto, problem-solving skills are king for all roles. While some need you to solve complex technical problems (devs, traders, etc.) some others need less technical solutions. Marketing, community management, and business development need problem solvers as well! Whichever the role, data is always something you can rely on!
Communication skills: Whether you are technical or non-technical, communication is a must. If you are a good communicator, you should be able to explain complex concepts to most people you know. Most problems in the industry can be classified as miscommunications. We can all agree you should stop pressing enter whenever you write a sentence in Telegram and write a whole paragraph!
Attention to detail: Your significant other is not the only one who wants you to observe every detail of their new hairstyle! Crypto and Web3 need you to pay attention. In roles like compliance and cybersecurity, where an oopsie can have serious repercussions.
Adaptability and flexibility: Like Clint Eastwood said once, "Improvise, adapt, overcome". Crypto and Web3 are like a growing babies: they change clothes often. You need to learn and understand new tech and protocols when they start coming out. You also need to watch more news than your average 70-year-old, every day in crypto is a month in normal people's life!
What is the average salary for Crypto Jobs?
Alright, let's scratch that itch quickly: Crypto and Web3 have well-paid salaries! Not only can you make money from trading (this is not financial advice) but working in Crypto. Look at these Crypto Salaries:
Blockchain developer: average salary ranges from $75,000 to $150,000 per year.
Crypto trader: average salary ranges from $70,000 to $150,000 per year, with top traders earning much more.
Cryptocurrency analyst: average salary ranges from $75,000 to $150,000 per year.
Compliance officer: average salary ranges from $75,000 to $150,000 per year.
Marketing and PR: average salary ranges from $50,000 to $100,000 per year.
Cybersecurity specialist: average salary ranges from $90,000 to $200,000 per year.
Operations and administration: average salary ranges from $50,000 to $100,000 per year.
Ain't bad right? Wait, there's more!
There are a lot of positions that we haven't covered, go to this section where you can search for any salary you want! You're welcome.
Where to find Crypto Jobs?
Here at cryptojobslist.com! Duh?! We are the best job board website dedicated only to Crypto/Web3 jobs. However, in the super weird case you couldn't find your dream job at cryptojobslist.com, take some tips to find it:
Networking: Attend conferences, meetups, and events to meet people in the industry and find job opportunities. Joining industry-specific groups on LinkedIn and other social media platforms can also help you. You can find our socials, where we post job opportunities and other people are in search of talent.
Company websites: Visit the websites of companies in the cryptocurrency industry and look for career or job sections. Not all companies are smart enough to use cryptojobslist.com
Some of them let you apply through their website.
Referrals: Request recommendations from friends, relatives, or coworkers to see if they are aware of any job openings. Personal recommendations can be a helpful tool for finding work opportunities.
Recruiters: We know they are scary people. Nonetheless, they are always looking for talented people. Think about talking with recruiters who are knowledgeable about the cryptocurrency sector. They can aid you in locating work opportunities that fit your qualifications and experience.
What's the difference between Blockchain Jobs, Cryptocurrency Jobs and Web3 Jobs?
Some use words Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and Crypto interchangeably, however there is some minor differences between them. Blockchain is a broader technology, or a set of technologies, while cryptocurrencies is one (quite a major one) application that leverages blockchain technology. So what's the difference between Blockchain Jobs and Cryptocurrency Jobs, you may ask. Blockchain jobs are career opportunities in a broader spectrum of companies - they might be enterprise blockchain jobs, they might be working with a consensus level blockchain technologies. E.g. blockchain technology in supply chain industry is rather different from blockchain applications in cryptocurrency industry. There might be quite a bit of overlap tho. Cryptocurrency jobs, on the other hand, are crypto opportunities in cryptocurrency focused startups. They might be jobs in DeFi or jobs in NFT startups. A few years ago we'd see more jobs in L1, protocol level foundations and cryptocurrency projects. Nowadays most cryptocurrency jobs are in companies that build on top of programmable blockchains, such as Ethereum, Solana, BNB or others.
Why was Crypto Jobs List founded?
Thanks for scrolling all the way to the end of the page. Once again, I’m excited to welcome you to Crypto Jobs List — the best place on the Internet to find and post blockchain jobs, crypto jobs and web3 jobs!
I’ve started this job board back in end of September 2017, when I was looking for engineering jobs in cryptocurrency companies myself. I had to jump from site to site, looking for positions in various exchanges, wallets, and research projects. Opportunities were scattered all over the place and pretty hard to come by. So I thought it would be cool to have a centralized (the irony 😅 ) site with all the positions. I thought no one will care about the job board and it’ll die off in a week, but, apparently more and more people cared enough about it to start applying to jobs, sharing Crypto Jobs List with friends and, of course, companies started listing their job posts.
Today I hope you are enjoying the site, applying to jobs and getting response from hundreds of crypto startups that have listings on CJL to day.
I strongly believe that blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies are still in their infancy stages, almost like the internet in 1990s. The “Facebooks” and “Googles” of crypto-era are yet to be founded and I believe that the only way to grow this industry is to stop checking coin prices every morning, and start buidling the technology, products and companies that will fuel the coin market growth.
I suggest you apply to the blockchain jobs listed on Crypto Jobs List, signup to our newsletter and follow up on social media — to stay on top of the latest career opportunities.