Backend/ Dev Ops Engineer
at Meld Gold
Meld Gold is an Australian based tech company, that has created a digital platform that changes the way gold is bought and sold. We integrate into the existing gold supply chain and will deliver far greater market efficiency through seamless trading and quicker settlement, as well as significantly reducing the slow manual processes that currently exist. For investors and consumers, they will be able to transact in both physical and digital gold tokens utilising a global network of partners and gold suppliers.
Meld is currently looking to hire a senior Backend / Devops engineer with strong knowledge of microservices architecture and development, as well as some DevOps experience with tools such as Kubernetes and Terraform.
You will be working alongside other senior developers extending and improving the backend architecture, designing and developing new microservices, as well as being involved in maintaining and improving existing core services.
In addition, you will leverage your existing DevOps experience to research, design, implement and maintain a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) system for the backend.
You will also be developing API integrations with 3rd parties, both inbound and outbound. You will build and maintain GraphQL and RESTful APIs, which will be consumed by external API clients and internal services and frontend apps.
- Minimum 5 years of Backend development experience on Linux in nodejs or golang
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools (Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Basic understanding of networks, security, and system resilience
- Knowledge of messaging queues (e.g. pub/sub)
- Building/consuming RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- A desire to learn and apply best practices in software development
Nice to have skills:
- NoSQL and Graph database experience a plus
- Basic understanding of Blockchains
- Scaling with Kubernetes
We are looking for someone who has:
- A real enjoyment for both backend and DevOps work, and anything it takes to solve problems
- Ability to thrive and contribute to a collaborative environment with different subject experts
- Who takes pride in their work and a desire to successfully see projects to completion
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes, even if you have not worked with them before
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
What’s it like to work at Meld Gold?
Meld Gold is looking to bring blockchain technology to enhance the gold supply chain. By doing this we create efficiencies, cost savings and improvements in transaction times for all entities within the industry. By doing this, consumers and investors will gain access to digital and physical gold at more locations, with great ease, initially in Australia and then globally.
Meld at its heart is driven by innovation and the utilisation of technology to enhance experiences. We are providing a key pillar to the future of the gold supply chain. To achieve this, we hire people with broad skill sets, who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry.
Meld is in its early stages of development, and we believe the best is to come. We support each other in an open environment where all ideas will be heard. Be creative, be curious, and believe in knowledge-sharing.