Founded in 2015 by pioneers in the blockchain space, Bloq is a blockchain innovation and infrastructure company. Bloq builds foundational technology that organizations need to connect to blockchain networks and spins off projects in the most cutting-edge areas of its industry, such as cryptocurrency mining (Titan) and Decentralized Finance or “DeFi” (Metronome and Vesper).
At Bloq, you will work on the cutting edge of blockchain and Decentralized Finance technology and collaborate with other passionate teammates across the globe to build products for the multi-blockchain future. You will be exposed to a variety of exciting blockchain projects and new technologies and tools.
The Backend Engineer will be a key member of the Bloq team, designing and building the future of the decentralized internet.
- Design and implement Bloq’s blockchain infrastructure products (managed nodes, managed APIs, DeFi, and many other exciting projects)
- Design and implement feature improvements and tools for blockchain node infrastructure
- Add blockchain networks to the Bloq’s list of supported infrastructure
- Optimize infrastructure for use both by customers and internal projects
- 4-8 years of industry experience as a full-stack or backend developer
- Very strong computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, and problem-solving
- Strong knowledge and experience working with various technologies and languages (such as NodeJS, Python, Rust, Go)
- Experience working with container and container orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Contribute to team discussions on design and process improvements
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; working proficiency in English (written and spoken) to work with team
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS)
- Experience in software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Experience with public blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum) a plus
- Demonstrated contributions to open source code bases a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Please include a copy of your CV / resume and link to your Github account in your application