Blockchain Content Writer (Remote)
NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
Are you passionate about blockchain and you have a very good technology understanding and super creative writing? Do you want to be part of a team that is building the Open Web? NEAR is a new public, proof-of-stake blockchain which exists to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world.
We are looking for a tech-savvy Content Writer to produce and manage stellar and unique content. This role will be responsible to help define the content strategy, write copy, manage the monthly calendar, perform industry research and coordinate with various internal stakeholders to collect info needed. To be successful you will need to gain a significant understanding about the blockchain space and come up with innovative content ideas and write engaging copy to excite the community.
You need to be a passionate content writer and creator who can think out of the box and be able to successfully convey what’s unique about NEAR to both technical and non technical audiences. This is a full-time ,remote role.
- Participate in building NEAR’s content strategy, formulating the USPs and coming up with unique content angles
- Proofread and write content for blog posts, ads, press releases, articles, infographics, studies, website, etc
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication
- Perform basic SEO keyword research and incorporate the findings in the copy
- Produce ideas for new content formats
- Measure content performance
- Produce relevant content targeting both technical and non technical audiences
- Collaborate with designers
- Research industry trends to gain a good technical understanding
- Native English speaker
- Degree in Journalism or Communications
- 4-5 years experience as a copywriter and a portfolio with published content
- Must have minimum 3 years experience in the tech space and very good technical understanding
- Blockchain & crypto experience is a STRONG plus
- SEO & Google Analytics experience a plus
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.