Blockchain Data Engineer
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm accelerating the Bitcoin future. We believe that Bitcoin is not just a new asset class but a potentially powerful force for good. NYDIG’s focus is two-fold. First, we aim to provide the best investor solution platform with the most sophisticated suite of products to corporations, asset managers, institutions, and other sophisticated investors. Second, we aim to democratize access by providing a technology platform capable of powering embedded bitcoin products and services for any financial institution.
Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We look for optimistic, passionate, low-ego, excellence-driven people who want to work together on creating impactful solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm innovating in an exciting and dynamic industry.
NYDIG is seeking a Blockchain Data Engineer to join our Data Strategy team. In this role you will manage existing cryptocurrency nodes, stand-up new nodes, create systems to extract and normalize data from the nodes, and ensure data quality for all blockchain data. As a member of the Data Strategy team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary blockchain data is collected and available to our internal Analysts and Data Scientists.
• Manage and monitor existing cryptocurrency nodes, including keeping track of necessary updates and upgrades
• Stand-up new cryptocurrency nodes based on business requirements
• Extract and normalize datasets from nodes
• Ensure data is delivered to all necessary databases for analysis
• 3+ years in an engineering role related to data pipelines in AWS, including knowledge of related tools such as Spark, Kafka, Druid, S3, EMR, Presto/Athena, Airflow or Luigi
• Experience setting up cryptocurrency nodes and extracting data
• Excellent Python and SQL coding skills
• BS in Computer Science or similar engineering field
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience working with financial market data
• Experience with graph databases and concepts
• Knowledge of advanced web crawlers