Request Network promotes the adoption of blockchain by providing a protocol which allows everyone to develop their own financial solutions based on the Request Network technology. We establish a standard for blockchain transactions, shaping the future of payments (i.e. invoices, loans, payments, salary, donations) and their compliance for accounting, tax and audit integration.
We are looking for a Back-end developer who has a strong interest in blockchain technology,
open-source, decentralization, security, and testing. You can work autonomously, have a strong
integrity and are up for the challenge to build a more efficient future.
You will join the Request Network Foundation team, and specifically the Protocol Team, which is
part of the YCombinator network. We share strong values and have been working together for
- Develop the Request Network protocol by adding new features, new currencies and improve
scalability through research on Plasma and Tendermint
- Implement and improving our JS library, helping support our nodes architecture
- Help educating our community about how to build on Request
- Contribute to a decentralized payment protocol built on the blockchain
- Passionate about creating and releasing projects, as well as learning new languages
- Be able to identify relations between parts of complex projects
- Be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the blockchain architecture
- Hold a Master’s in computer science or an equivalent field (STEM)
- Proven analytical and proactive problem solving skills
- Experience with modern development (ES6, Typescript, NodeJS, etc.). Knowledge of Solidity
and Web3JS library is a plus
- Optional: You have the skills to recreate the Rick and Morty Portal Gun and an opinion on how
to avoid being trapped into one of the Black Mirror scenarios of the future
Location: Singapore for six months, one of the major European capitals afterwards.
Part-time remote work possible after a while.