at Torus Labs
Torus Labs is a VC-backed company that works on applied cryptography and we specialize in private key management software. Our company vision is to proliferate the usage of cryptographic keys to enable use cases that empower the individual. Our solution allows for applications to setup a public key infrastructure while maintaining flows that end-users are familiar with. You can (git) check out all of our open-source code at https://github.com/torusresearch. We’re heavily execution-driven, flexible and impact-focused. Our aim is to provide a seamless user experience to the applications that integrate us, ultimately driving adoption in the ecosystem. You will work hands-on on Torus, various tools and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
Backend Developer – Blockchain (Golang/Rust):
• Take complete end-to-end technical & engineering ownership of one or more applications.
• As a full-stack developer, design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
• Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering quality and efficiently against project requirements.
• Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
• Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
• Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
• Join the full life cycle of blockchain and related software development, including requirement gathering, design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation and support
• Focus on core blockchain infrastructure, including relevant services, frameworks and libraries
• Contribute creativity and insight to solve both technical and business challenges
• 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters)
• Be passionate about cutting-edge technology and solving complex technical problems.
• Qualification in Computing/Mathematics or other relevant fields preferred
• An ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running on a complex software project
• Proficiency in Golang, Rust, or other mainstream blockchain development languages
• Solid knowledge in computing theory including networking, data structures, algorithms, database theory and networking
• Existing track record of R&D and execution of open-source projects on known blockchain platforms such as Ethereum, Hyperledger, Neo and Bitcoin a great plus
• Expertise in one of the following three areas would be of a great advantage: (1) key-value store (e.g. LevelDb); (2) P2P; (3) virtual machine (e.g. EVM, Java VM, etc)
• Experience working with major established blockchains. Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains
• Familiarity with Ethereum code and smart contract development is an added bonus
• Contributor to research papers on cryptography
• Exposure to CI/CD, AWS is a plus