Verida is a network of personal data owned and controlled by users, incentivizing them to unlock their data stored on centralized platforms. Builders access this data for new exciting use cases.
Verida is a VC backed startup building open source solutions for developers that include; decentralized single sign on, encrypted off-chain storage, secure message and data payments using crypto tokens.
We believe it’s a fundamental human right that individuals have ownership and control over their personal data. We believe everyone has a right to control their identity through decentralisation, giving citizens control over how they interact with the digital world.
Verida is proud to be part of the Open Web Collective - giving us access to market leaders, and investors.
Why work with Verida?
We’re passionate about building a diverse team as we build the Verida web3 infrastructure and tools in a decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up team environment. Our team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where everyone contributes to ideas and technical design decisions.
Here are some of the perks of working at Verida:
- Access to core team token pool
- Building tools for Web3
- Deep technical challenges
- Continuous learning and improvement opportunities
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Work closely with experts around the world
- VC backed Web3 startup
Verida is building a world class team of engineers leveraging decentralized database technologies to reinvent how personal data is stored and used.
We are hiring a Blockchain Engineer to lead the design and implementation of multiple smart contracts that will be used by dApp developers across the world. As an early team member on a small team, you’ll have a meaningful stake in what we build and how we operate.
You’ll work closely with other team members and technical partners to execute the blockchain requirements of a well defined technical vision. Day-to-day work will involve scoping requirements, technical due diligence, designing system architectures, writing code, developing tests and deploying smart contracts.
Our current pipeline of projects include:
- Blockchain research and technical due diligence
- Micropayments smart contracts
- ERC20 token creation and management
- Integrating with Ethereum bridges and DEX’s
- Trust framework smart contracts
- Oracle integrations
Your key responsibilities:
- Support with the research, design, development and testing of blockchain technologies
- Build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design
- Defining development pipelines and setting up a strong foundation for long term code maintainability
- Manage contributions and discussion with open source community contributors
- Define the processes of token creation, design, development and operation
- Familiarity with decentralized standards (DID, Verifiable credentials, DIDComm)
- Familiarity with ZKP’s
- Experience conducting technical due diligence for blockchain projects
- Experience building for multiple blockchains (not just Ethereum)
- Experience building smart contracts in Rust
- Experience working with oracles