at Chorus One
Chorus One is a community of ambitious, self-reflective people building high reliability infrastructure for decentralized networks. We believe that crypto-economics and decentralized networks will enable collaboration on a global scale and propel the next stage in human evolution. Chorus One is building validator nodes for decentralized networks, allowing our users to earn more tokens and shape the emerging open financial system. Our work lies at the rich intersection of financial services, cryptocurrency, DevOps and information security.
Chorus One is close to releasing a validating node for the Cosmos network. We are actively searching for a Blockchain Engineer to build validating nodes for other decentralized networks. The work consists of reviewing codebases of other decentralized networks, designing a path forward to deploy validating nodes using our internal infrastructure and to ensure operational security in deployed infrastructure. This position is a unique opportunity to work with a very experienced team on cutting-edge decentralized networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
- Review core codebases of decentralized networks such as LivePeer, Tezos, Ethereum and map out infrastructure requirements for validating nodes.
- Design, implement and merge additional functionality in codebases of said networks, as needed, to make validating nodes compatible with our infrastructure.
- Write functional and integration tests to verify software upgrades in blockchain networks for which company runs validating nodes.
- Design and implement processes to reduce the lead-time of deployment of validating nodes in new blockchain networks.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to work independently. Has a minimum of 2-3 years work experience with a medium size company or a startup.
- Has work experience with distributed algorithms. Prior experience with blockchain clients such as Go-Ethereum, Bitcoin Core, Tendermint or similar is a huge plus.
- Has a strong interest to understand blockchain network code bases in depth. Is able to design requirements from network nodes, point out codebase issues and field technical questions from team members.
- Possesses either Bachelor or advanced degrees in Computer Science or allied fields.
- Is skilled with the Go language. Production experience with functional languages (Haskell, OCaml) is also desirable.
- Is curious and able to take initiative in team discussions pertaining to business economics and business opportunities.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Terraform and Saltstack is an added plus.
- Keywords pertaining to tools: Golang, Haskell, OCaml, DynamoDB, Saltstack, Terraform
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Full-time position.
- Location: Remote work.
- Work on cool technology and interesting problems at the intersection of finance, cryptocurrency, information security and DevOps.