Brokerage Accounting Director
Anchorage Digital is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Brokerage Accounting Director to join our growing Finance team. As Brokerage Accounting Director, you will work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help enable the growth of Anchorage Digital’s trading business. You will work closely with the trading desk to ensure accurate reporting and accounting for transactions in digital assets, and ensure compliance with any applicable regulatory reporting.
As Brokerage Accounting Director you will:
- Create, evolve and manage all brokerage related accounting, operations and reporting policies, processes and controls.
- Manage brokerage related cash and digital asset settlement reconciliation and monitoring processes.
- Partner with the Risk Management team to ensure effective monitoring and controls are in place for brokerage operational functions and report on counterparty risk assessments.
- Ensure internal controls and policies related to brokerage activities are effective, documented and functioning properly for regulatory and audit purposes.
- Research and implement appropriate accounting treatment and measurement for digital asset trades.
- Review all brokerage related accounting entries and reconciliations including those related to commissions, margin lending and pending settlements.
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand operational concepts around blockchain and digital currencies to determine appropriate operational processes and controls
- Lead, strengthen and execute regulatory reporting, including net capital, FOCUS & 1-FR-IB reporting.
- Identify and manage initiatives to improve operational processes and reduce operational risk.
- Be a lead in moving forward the NMA process for the special purpose broker-dealer.
- Work with the Compliance team on creation of WSP and FINRA required documentation.
- Participate in ERP implementation including defining requirements for brokerage accounting.
You might be a fit for this role if:
- You have 8+ years of experience in accounting, investment banking, treasury or corporate finance.
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with FINRA in the past and are a Series 27 – FINOP.
- You demonstrate intellectual curiosity, an ownership mentality and a desire to challenge the status quo.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects to completion.
- You are detail oriented, self-motivated and passionate about bringing order to chaos.
- You are comfortable diving into unstructured datasets, creating processes around them and making sense of numbers.
- You are a strategic thinker with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems, while also being able to focus on tactical and operational issues.
Bonus points, but not required:
- You have a BA/BS with concentration in Finance, Business, Economics and/or Accounting
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)