At IOHK, we are at the forefront of cascading disruption. It’s a big mission and one that can only be achieved with the help of the best people in the industry. We are proud of the diversity that our organization already has. Our company is comprised of people from all around the globe, united in a common goal to achieve our aims of scalability, interoperability, and sustainability of complex systems.
Input Output is looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is technically proficient and has experience of Software Development projects to join our fast-growing technology start-up. You’ll be working with an outstanding team of people who are based around the world, including researchers, academics, and developers, who are doing ground-breaking work in the blockchain industry.
We work remotely and offer a flexible working style, with teams based across many time zones, we keep in regular contact with messages and internet calls. Teamwork and collaboration are key, and the job will suit a flexible and organised self-starter who is happy working independently.
We are looking for an experienced BA who will work closely with the Project and Product Managers to develop the business and functional requirements for new products and changes to existing ones. Accurate requirements ensure company leadership know what will be delivered and development teams know what to build and test.
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHK’s remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
● Contribute to the project’s vision document.
● Work with the Project & Product Manager to collect business requirements (project background, stakeholders, data, non-functional, interface, business glossary / definitions).
● Preparing and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
● Convert business requirements into functional requirements and ensuring they align with stakeholders (developers, testers, business stakeholders of the project).
● Contribute to the creation of the Requirement Management Plan (including traceability, workflows and change management)
● Prepare use cases documenting organizational functional requirements from the user’s perspective as well as creating and documenting ‘user stories’
● Review test case and test functionalities against it.
● Work with the Test Manager and Product Manager to ensure all features are incorporated into the project test plan.
● Facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with executive level project staff.
Skills & Requirements:
We expect to see:
● Technical Expertise:
○ You don’t need specific Blockchain experience, it would be a bonus if you did but we are looking for people who understand technology and the SDLC, so you can work with our technical teams and produce functional specifications.
○ Proficiency using Excel or Google Sheets
○ Proficiency in the use of Version Control System (e.g. Git)
○ Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools
○ Familiarity with use of bash or similar CLI
○ Understanding software engineering best practices
○ Troubleshooting and debugging issues
● Skills and Knowledge - You will have wide-ranging experience and use professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways including
○ Detail Oriented
○ Excellent Active Listening Technique
○ Adept at Dealing with Conflict Between Stakeholders
○ Well-Developed Negotiating Capability
○ Good Decision Making & Problem-Solving Capability
○ Strategic Thinking in All Aspects of Work
○ High Standard of Technical Writing & Presentation
○ Strong Client service focus
○ Strong interpersonal skills
○ Works well with Teams
● Completion of a relevant degree such as Computer Science or Software Engineering, it would also be beneficial if you have also completed a Business Studies / Business Administration or similar degree course.
What we value:
● Passion for working alongside teams that want to explore new frameworks and systems that are more fair, open and transparent.
● Collaboration and Inclusion: Innovation happens when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust. You will help bring people into the conversation.
● Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. For example, all our code is open source and we share information openly with communities and colleagues.
● Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. We offer a dynamic working environment that suits people who are self-motivated and can work autonomously. You will naturally have strong communication and organisational skills and can work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
In addition to working on ground breaking projects, you’ll also get in return:
● Opportunity to work remotely
● Flexible hours
● 20 days paid service interruption
● Paid public holidays
● 5 days paid sick leave
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK.
Depends on Experience - Come and Talk to us!