Business Development Representative
at The Block
Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career.
The Block is the leading research, analysis and news brand in the digital asset space. Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block’s team is spread across 7 times zones, covering the global cryptocurrency and blockchain space 24/7.
Through The Block’s website + newsletter, the Genesis research brand, our podcast “The Scoop,” hosted + 3rd party events and community participation, we interact daily with tens of thousands of crypto natives, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, government leaders and more.
The Block delivers deep insight into how this emerging sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments and markets. The Block’s foundation is simple: we are the first and final word in digital assets.
- Research and identify potential clients for our enterprise research product
- Ability to generate new leads that suit our product offering and fit within our ideal client personas
- Cold outreach skills that enable reps to find and speak with decision-makers via email, phone, and social media
- Inbound lead qualification
- Build rapport quickly, within minutes of a phone call or the subject line of an email
- Nurture leads that are in the sales funnel in a way that warms them up and qualifies them for a sales call
- Utilize a customer relationship management (CRM) tool to track leads within the pipeline and can manage ~30 conversations at one time
- Set up appointments for senior sales staff with qualified sales leads, and be able to qualify and disqualify leads
- Develop the ability to present the product offering and value proposition, and conduct discovery calls
- Work with the rest of the sales team to create an environment of teamwork and consistently meet goals
- Work with staff and managers to develop your skill-set and become a better rep
- 0-2 years sales experience
- Incredible verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative person who enjoys working with others towards a larger goal
- Receptive to constructive criticism and keen to grow with the company
- Ability to learn and use new technology in a relatively quick manner with instruction
- Fantastic organizational skills to keep contacts and schedules perfectly in orderInterest in crypto and digital assets more generally
- Working experience with Google Analytics and WordPress
- Familiarity with digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technology
What We Offer
- Working closely with the sales, account management, and ad operations team
- Significant opportunity for personal growth and advancement, supported by a best-in-class team
- Open communication with The Block’s leadership. We’re always listening and encourage contribution from everyone
- Unlimited paid time off
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19.