Business Operations Manager
NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world's only sharded databases at scale.
NEAR Foundation develops and promotes the NEAR Protocol, an open source platform that accelerates the development of decentralized applications. We are looking to strengthen our team with a hands-on Business Operations Manager who can contribute with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment. Our offer is to become part of a group of high-performing pioneers at the forefront of digital technologies.
Are you a highly intelligent hustler who gets more excited the more spinning plates there are to juggle at any given time? Do you want to sit at the nexus of everything required to keep a business running and pointed in the right direction? As the Business Operations Manager at NEAR Foundation, you have to do it all and come back asking for more. Your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be reporting directly to the CFO, who has ownership of a wide array of subject matters: Finance, Operations, Legal, Tax, and Regulatory, and essentially taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn.
- Own a comprehensive set of operational matters of NEAR Foundation and its subsidiaries
- Perform financial operations: token distributions, settle invoices, track cash flows
- Participate in strategic research, planning, budgeting, and modeling
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting for the Foundation Council
- Complete HR related tasks such contributor coordination and hiring oversight
- Design, review, and improve business processes
- Coordinate with external service providers
- Contribute to strategic projects and complete ad-hoc tasks
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics; CPA and/or CFA a plus
- 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in a high level operational/financial role
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Excellent user of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Knowledge of Swiss standards and laws a plus
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.