CoinDesk is the #1 media company in Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. We are rapidly growing through our media brand, events, and emerging data business. We are looking for team members who both excel in their roles and help provide direction and input into where the company is heading. We are not looking for someone who only wants a list of tasks handed to them, but those who are passionate about our space and achieving success.
Top Reasons to Work for CoinDesk:
- We are the #1 player in the Bitcoin / Blockchain Media business, no one can compete with us
- We have seen unprecedented growth with no signs of stopping
- A ton of growth opportunities
- Opportunity to own the products you work on
- Track record of shipping high quality projects under constraints
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Passion for Bitcoin and Blockchain technology
- Proficiency in some or all of the tech skills listed below
Proficiency in all of the below skills is needed for our Full Stack Developer position:
CoinDesk currently has the following technical products that require general upkeep / maintenance as well as future product enhancements:
Website (Desktop / Mobile)
App (Android / iOS)
Internal API (Powers the website / app and data feeds)
Public API (Price feeds for our Index are public facing and a widget)
This position would require you to touch all aspects of the codebase over time, so being familiar with the technologies used to create them is a huge plus.
Current list of new projects within the next 6 months that we will look to be doing:
Mobile website redesign
Merging of the current CoinDesk app with acquired company Lawnmower app
Greatly expanding upon our internal pricing API technology, not only new pricing features but ability to scale
Integrating a CRM to bring all of our current marketing and sales technologies under one roof
Building out an events platform for our events / sales team
Non Tech Skills:
- Ability to work closely with other developers on the team and communicate effectively
- Since this is still a startup (< 15 people, and only 2 technical people) you will need to be able to communicate your progress and needs properly amongst a small team that has always changing priorities and roles
- Passion for the blockchain space, we eat, sleep, and breathe everything Bitcoin and Blockchain here at CoinDesk!
- Sociability, we are a close knit team here that takes huge pride in the culture we have created so far, and we are looking for someone who can fit that
Your day to day responsibilities would be that of a Full Stack Developer. You will be required to not only produce high quality code, but also be involved in every step of the ideation, planning, and management process that goes along with shipping new products.
You will work with alongside a team of 2-3 other developers who will be working with you on some projects, but also on separate projects at the same time. You will be required to “own” a portion of the codebase and will be responsible for maintaining and improving upon that over time.
Please send your resume to [email protected] for further review and we will be in touch, we look forward to speaking with you!