UMA's mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible. We value each individual's right to economic freedom. To that end, our vision is to make building DeFi products easy.
UMA stands for Universal Market Access, and we are a decentralized financial contracts platform built to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk. Thus, empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system.
We are an international and growing team, join us to build a better system!
Check here for all our open job postings: https://angel.co/risk-labs/jobs
Our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building the infrastructure for innovative DeFi products to be created with
- Our road-map is robust. With an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always creating, experimenting, and building.
- We’re a distributed team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors alongside our journey.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a Communications Lead to join our team. You will have the opportunity to memorialize UMA’s story, present the future vision, and deliver critical educational materials to the ecosystem. This role will be an important cross functional role, working closely with various teams to bring their message to the world.
- Develop communications and public relations strategies which align all aspects of UMA
- Own the companies external narratives, working closely with engineers, the community team, and creative leaders to craft the content.
- Create and update processes and methodologies that improve our documentation culture.
- Co-develop thoughtful DeFi and innovative financial engineering content that proves ourselves as the thought leaders in this space we believe we are
- Produce engaging multi-channel content for our social, public relations, and developer experience efforts.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in a professional communications role
- 1 year working in a related role in the blockchain industry
- Proven success in public relations and increasing brand awareness
- Proven abilities to manage create and manage communications strategies and content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks.
- We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Our people are our biggest asset, and for that reason we’re constantly trying to evolve in a way that keeps up with the growing trends of what people look for in the culture of their workplace. A few standard elements are:
- Competitive market research driven salary and equity
- Take paid time off when you need it (we truly mean this!)
- Flexible remote work environment that encourages everyone to create the work environment that they thrive in
- Training and development policy to allow for diverse growth opportunities
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.