Community Engineer (China), Filecoin
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As a Community Engineer at Protocol Labs you will…
- Onboard new contributors, users, miners, and developers in the Filecoin community.
- Foster a friendly and supportive environment on Slack, Matrix, WeChat and other project forums.
- Address both conceptual and technical troubleshooting questions from community members seeking to run Filecoin, design applications, integrate into existing services, mine Filecoin by offering storage, and more.
- Identify hurdles to user onboarding, and collaborate with the project team to discuss and prioritize related improvements.
- Contribute documentation improvements based on community needs.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer, decentralized, or blockchain technologies.
- A passion for helping others learn.
- Strong written communication skills in short form, medium form, and long form.
- Experience as a developer or researcher on complex technical topics, or with developer relations or developer support.
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events.
- Experience working in or managing open source software communities.