Contract: Startup Systems Engineer
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As a Mission Ops Engineer with a focus on IT you will...
- Manage traditional IT support requests including onboarding and off-boarding employees to our internal tools and services.
- Optimize our team’s current tools so we can interact and support our organization with ludicrous speed.
- Research new internal tools and services that make us more efficient.
- No existing solution you can find? Build the solution we need!
- Proactively solicit our many teams to understand their productivity and security pain points.
- Analyze the impact of new tools and services on our infrastructureImplement security policies that drive confidence in open source collaboration.
- Conduct comprehensive security audits and develop risk mitigation strategies ‘Roll up your sleeves’ often and jump in to support other teams with tasks such as event planning, travel logistics, even possibly some product management and external customer relations.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- A relentless, yet selfless, drive for excellencePassion for supporting internal teams and projects.
- A collaborative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Extraordinary communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to frame and solve new, complex organizational challenges.
- A deep understanding of what makes human and computer systems resilient.
- Superb computer skills including proficiency with the following platforms: Google Application Suite (Docs, Drive, Groups, Admin), Slack, GithubAn.
- Impeccable record of integrity and trust.
- Previous experience handling IT, security, and customer support at a growing startup.
- Previous experience supporting a global, distributed workforce.
- Full-stack software engineering experienceIndustry recognized security and support certifications (CISSP or equivalent, ITIL).
- You anticipate needs before they arise