Crypto Partnership Lead
Zilliqa is a high-performance, high-security blockchain platform for enterprises and next-generation applications. Developed through academic research and helmed by a team of experienced scientists, engineers, venture creators and leaders in the financial services, Zilliqa addresses limitations in scalability and security, enabling real-world usability across a variety of industries, including finance, creator economy, and gaming.
In 2019, Zilliqa became the first public blockchain platform to be built on a sharded architecture, with smart contracts written in the platform’s secure-by-design programming language, Scilla. For more information, visit: zilliqa.com.
We are looking for an experienced Crypto Partnership Lead to support and accelerate our growth. This is a key role, which will impact the development of both the platform and its ecosystem. As a successful candidate, you will have experience in sourcing and executing such deals in the financial or tech industry.
This is both a partner relationship and a revenue-generating role, reporting directly to the CEO, and working closely with other teams such as the investment arm of Zilliqa or the Ecosystem team. You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with other foundations, organisations, or teams. These partnerships provide Zilliqa with the opportunity to unlock our market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth across all market segments.
This role requires experience in recruiting, building, and growing partners and alliances relationships, including evaluating and recruiting new partners, negotiating key commercial agreements, and driving joint sales success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally. An understanding of the crypto space and the DeFi segment is a must.
- Understand new market trends, spot potential synergies, identify high potential incumbents in order to develop and execute a partner strategy.
- Cultivate the relationship with potential partners.
- Find, negotiate and execute partnerships with other crypto-related companies.
- Measure and optimize the performance of the existing partnerships.
- Work with the ecosystem and marketing teams on the execution of partner programs, events, to enable the growth of our ecosystem effectively.
- Actively seek out new revenue and investment opportunities.
- Develop growth strategies and plans, working closely with the CEO and the other teams.
- Offer market insight and knowledge that will contribute to the overall development of the platform.
- Represent the company in meetings, media, and conferences.
- Report out on regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
- Passionate about the cryptocurrency and blockchain fields with a strong interest in CeFi and DeFi. You love to constantly learn and keep abreast of trends and developments in the industry.
- 6+ years experience in PE, VC, strategy consulting, or a proven track record in successfully sourcing and building strategic partnerships, preferably in the financial or technological industry.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
- People-oriented: You are network-focused and a great relationship builder. You are adept at seeking out, growing, and maintaining relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, communications, and engineering internally and externally.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team, while liaising and coordinating with the other teams, in a multicultural and remote environment.
- A strong footprint in the US ecosystem is nice to have.
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Work autonomously leveraging the expertise and capabilities of the other teams
- Flexible work hours and location