CTO / Engineering Lead
at Merlin Lab
Merlin DeFi is building a suite of products to bring DEFI and blockchain to the masses. If you get excited by the thought of joining a highly experienced, fast-paced global team and get excited about building the future, this role may be the one for you.
About the role
We're looking for an accomplished CTO/Engineering Lead to join the Merlin management team to lead and scale our development team. You will work on cutting-edge blockchain and DeFi technologies and collaborate with our rapidly growing global team.
What you will do:
- Manage teams of software developers and quality engineers
- Partner with Product Owner to align with objectives, priorities , tradeoffs and risk and manage the backlogs
- Participate in design and architecture discussions and planning
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with cross functional stakeholders
- Introduce tools and best practices to accelerate our development process
- Ensure teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Work with Engineering Leadership to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production operations
- Drive recruiting efforts to continue to build your team
- DApps Software Architecture
- Smart contracts and blockchain architecture
- Truffle (Trufflesuite)
- Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience leading software engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of the Crypto Currency space, and experience working with Blockchain
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in integrating with 3rd party APIs & SDKs and working with partners
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Working experience of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Built diverse teams of exceptional individuals
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to drive via influence
- A collaborative nature and a strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, remote-first startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space.
- Remote: Work remotely with our global team.
- Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary paid in CRYPTO and profit share - this will be tailored according to experience.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.