Kleros is an Ethereum autonomous organization that works as a decentralized third party to arbitrate disputes in every kind of contract. The dispute process and its results are enforced through smart contracts. It relies on game theoretic incentives to have jurors rule cases correctly. The result is a dispute resolution system that renders ultimate judgements enforced by smart contracts in a fast, inexpensive, secure and decentralized way.
You can see an overview of the project by taking a look at our landing page, Devcon3 presentation and short white paper. For a more detailed presentation of the project you can look at the draft of our long white paper.
We are working as a decentralized team.
The “equity” displays correspond to tokens.
Join us to build the crowdsourced dispute resolution system of the Internet age!
Working with the CTO, a UX/UI designer and 3 other developers, you will develop software needed for Kleros to run: write code, participate in code reviews, write tests and deal with potential bugs/vulnerabilities reported through our bug bounty programs and audits.
The start date of this position is May 2018.
- Ability to produce well-designed, maintainable and modular code.
- Network security and defensive programming.
- Ability to learn new technologies and languages to cope with the fast developments in the blockchain space.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members and partner entities.
- Ability to work remotely, autonomously and take initiatives.
- Interest in blockchain applications.
- Languages and frameworks used in the development of Ethereum dapps: Solidity, Truffle, web3js/ethjs and Why3.
- CSS/SCSS, style methodologies (OOCSS, BEM).
- Blockchain technical knowledge and blockchain culture.
- Degree(s) (or other kind of formation) in Computer Science or related field.
- SQL and NoSQL database.
- Git/Github open source workflow.
- Good level of English.
To apply for this position, as a prescreen, please create a pull-request on one of the repositories in https://github.com/kleros/ resolving of the open issue.
Upon completing the first issue create another pull-request to improve the code (clean code, tests…), or propose a new feature.
Of course, these pull requests will also be taken into account into Kleros bounty program (minimum of 2000$ worth of crypto per month to be split among external contributors, we’ll scale it according to the amount of contributions).
Alternatively, you can complete 3 sections of https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oq85o93aR9NSng4l-c1eMakTD39yEhf9wvR4svrZgTc/ but note that this is not eligible to bounties.
Note that in order to be able to spend the proper amount of time reviewing the serious applicants, we do not process to interviews before one of the prescreen exercise is done successfully.
For additional information, you can join Kleros slack #dev channel. For issues related to web development, you can talk to @Nicolas Wagner. For those about smart contract development to @clesaege.
USD $40K–$90K 0.1%–0.3%