DApp Protocol Architect
at Mirana Labs
Mirana Labs is a privately funded R&D center, with a mission to accelerate the next stage of DeFi's growth through ecosystem co-development, partnerships, and incubation.
We will develop core protocols for BitDAO, which potentially include: governance smart contracts, governance operational policies, treasury management smart contracts, tools for grants, tools for token swaps, BitDAO sidechains, and protocol integrations with other BitDAO partners.
We will develop DeFi products such as DEXs, vaults, aggregators, and analytics tools. These products may partner with BitDAO via token swaps or liquidity support.
Mirana Labs, from our first hire in June 2021, will grow to 50-200 employees in 2022. We are looking for talented and motivated people to join us.
Why Join Labs
- You care about decentralization and want to contribute to permissionless and borderless finance at scale.
- You believe DeFi will become a trillion dollar sector.
- You want to co-develop with top DeFi projects and talented individuals.
- You want to gain exposure to Venture and Asset Management via other Mirana business units.
- You value a flexible work environment. Mirana is a distributed company and will hire the best talent regardless of where you live.
- You are prepared to help build the organization from zero, providing value outside of your functional area.
- Collaborative - we look to work collaboratively with public facing files that internal and external stakeholders can comment on and contribute to. We look to manage key decisions via committee with a formal voting and veto process.
- Process/Product Owners - We look to hire experienced individuals who can oversee workstreams independently. This requires a thorough understanding of the goals and development direction of the company. We want individuals who ask "I want to do this, what do you think?" and not "what should I do next?". Ideas need to be coupled with the ability to draft detailed requirements and coordinate implementation with internal and external teams.
- Goal Orientated - We care about capability and ability to contribute. We are agnostic towards your background, location, preferred working hours.
- Self Improvement - We expect employees to learn about crypto, DeFi, BitDAO and other Mirana Labs product roadmap. Employees are advocates for Mirana Labs and BitDAO, and can attract further talent and partners to join us.
- Focused and Impactful - We look build widely adopted and highly-valued products. We look to partner and co-develop with future category leaders.
Who we're looking for
Mirana is looking for an experienced researcher to help design the core architecture of products incubated within Labs. As a protocol architect, you will be working closely with the rest of the engineering team and partners to enable an open ecosystem of derivatives, Layer 2 solutions, and other new initiatives.
- Reviewing code, testing, benchmarking, ensuring code quality meets expected standards
- Contribute to technical roadmaps, timelines, repository stewardship, security processes, and community contributions
- Engage regularly with developers at Mirana, BitDAO, and other ecosystem partners to write and review technical specifications
- Implement smart contracts such as for governance, treasury management, and DeFi products
- Maintaining a deep and current knowledge base of smart contract libraries, and understanding how to adapt projects where appropriate
- Work with engineering leadership and product owners to prioritize tasks
- Participate in hiring of software engineers
- Set individual goals for technical and personal growth
- Train up developers who are early in their career
- Steward and influence our early engineering culture
- Strong technical background and 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with Ethereum smart contract development, e.g., Solidity, Vyper
- Understanding of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and/or crypto economic protocols
- Experience with Apache 2.0 open source development
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work with a diverse group of contributors and multi-entity teams
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the Mirana mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
We're committed to offering you compensation competitive to the market based on your experience.
- Base in Local currency or USDT, paid monthly
- BIT tokens vested every 6 months over 5 years
- Other performance based compensation based on role