Developer Advocacy Lead
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're a highly technical, globally distributed team with headquarters in San Francisco, passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world. Our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
YOUR ROLE AS DEVELOPER ADVOCACY LEAD AT 0X
Your main job is to support, educate, and grow our external developer community. You will create and execute a strategy to address current gaps in how we reach and engage with this audience segment and ultimately 'level up' their understanding of our technology and products, with a primary focus on the 0x API. Once in our dev funnel, you'll ensure they stay engaged and feel appreciated, whether they contribute code, build 0x-integrated apps, help other devs with their issues, or educate others about 0x. You will gather feedback on their use of 0x technology, noting suggestions and complaints, and share this information with our Product Managers to improve our technology and inform our roadmaps.Additionally, you will be a 0x technology evangelist, which may include giving tech demos, speaking at meetups and conferences, writing blog posts, creating audio-visual educational content, and engaging with developers on our chat, social, GitHub, and other technical forums. You will work closely with our engineering teams to implement best-practice frameworks/processes for dev engagement and support, organize technical workshops and office hours, and ensure that our documentation is up-to-date and accurate.In your role, you’ll be working closely alongside:
- Brent Oshiro, Community and Ecosystem Growth Manager. Before joining 0x Labs, he worked in the airline and health care industries in a variety of project management, marketing, and customer care management roles.
- Fulvia Morales, Product Manager, 0x API. Before joining 0x Labs, she worked as a Product Manager at Bitso, LATAM’s largest crypto exchange.
- Theo Gonella, Product Manager, Platform. Before joining 0x Labs he worked as a Product Manager at Facebook focusing on ads and sales interfaces.
- Various other teams and stakeholders across 0x Labs.
- Designing, scaling and implementing 0x’s external developer funnel
- Lead a global team of community members to build an active, loyal, and passionate technical community
- Help to build a complete developer journey from website, to documentation, to tools
- Evangelize 0x technology to new developers by speaking at events, creating educational content, participating in technical chat, hosting technical workshops, etc.
- Organize, promote, and host technical events such as workshops and office hours
- Keep engineering teams informed on developer documentation that may need updating
- Ensuring developer advocacy meets the needs of our developer ecosystem
- Develop and execute the strategy to increase the number of developers who regularly interact with and build on 0x
- Collaborate on marketing the introduction of new products and protocol through the developer community
- 3+ years of building and leading community programs in Developer Relations, Technical Community Management or similar roles
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, clearly explain technology to different audiences, build rapport and relate to others in both written and verbal forms
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities
- Experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with empathy, judgment, and tact
- Thinking like a developer and have a passion for making developers happy; even better, you know how to code
- A solid understanding of relevant blockchain technology and communities highly preferred
- A strong track record of operational improvement initiatives
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.