Director, Business Development
Brave is on a mission to save privacy on the web. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers right out of the box. As an alternative to invasive digital ad-tech surveillance, we’ve pioneered completely private ads (opt-in!) that directly reward you for your attention. Brave has over 25 million monthly active users.
In more normal times, our roughly 100-person team orbits a “main” office of about 30 in San Francisco, with smaller clusters spread around the world. Our work style combines an in-person culture in the S.F. office with remote-inclusive practices emphasizing live conversations by video call and fast and slow chat on Slack. This has made for a painless transition to fully remote work.
Brave is a start-up, and we have the ability to change plans quickly in response to new information or circumstances. This means that new needs can emerge on short notice, and projects are often re-mixed and adjusted in response to new input.
About the Role
Brave is looking for an experienced BD Director to join our business team in San Francisco.
In this role, you will fast-track Brave’s revenue and growth by cutting critical partnerships.
- Identify, qualify and quantify platform partnership opportunities to grow Brave revenue and users
- Develop business cases and create innovative proposals for potential partners that drive value for both parties
- Foster relationships, and lead discussions and negotiations with partners from C-level execs to key functional leads
- Own, maintain, and develop a pipeline of partnership leads in priority verticals
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, and engineering as we develop and onboard partners
- Influence key discussions about overall partnership strategy and platform roadmap
- Influence and drive key decisions and discussions with Brave’s partners
- Work closely with the Brave’s executive team in supporting strategic partnerships
- Advanced 4-year degree in Technology or Business. MS or MBA is a plus
- Experience in founding/growing a startup -- whether it was a failure or success – a plus
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and closing strategic technology partnerships
- Experienced in distribution and licensing agreements with partners
- Ability to structure and operate complex business deals
- Highly organized in managing all aspects of partnerships
- Experienced in executive-level presentations, both internally and externally
- 10+ years of business experience, but more preferred
This is a full-time position based in our office in SOMA, San Francisco (normally, although all employees are currently working remotely until further notice). Your compensation includes a competitive salary, comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits, as well as a generous 401(k) contribution. Working hours are flexible. Brave does not put a limit on the total amount of personal time off you take in a year, but expects that any particular vacation/recreation will be limited to two continuous weeks or less. And we expect that you actually do take a vacation, and that you stop working if you’re sick. When our office reopens, we will offer a pre-tax commuter benefit program and regular in-office lunches, coffee & tea, and a generous array of catered snacks.
Please submit a resume or CV along with a cover letter articulating your interest and experience.