Constellation is a consumer and enterprise grade distributed ledger technology that enables the world’s smart devices and machines to seamlessly interact and transact. The network aggregates the resources and bandwidth of internet connected devices, securing transactions and ensuring high throughput through a dynamically partitioned DAG (directed acyclic graph) architecture.
Join us on Telegram! https://t.me/constellationcommunity .
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Constellation Labs is hiring a Distributed Systems Engineer to join the Core engineering team building a third generation DAG protocol that uses reputation based consensus.
Constellation Labs, part of Hyperledger, is a DAG protocol designed for data intensive and enterprise grade applications. The perfect candidate has an in-depth understanding of distributed systems, distributed consensus, and hands-on experience building and testing data intensive applications at scale.
You will work directly with the Core engineering team and will be a key part of the protocol development.
• Participate in design and implementation of our protocol.
• Help architect and implement our reputation model.
• Design and develop APIs and SDKs required for integrating our protocol into existing applications and interoperating with existing protocols.
• 3+ years of software engineering experience developing highly reliable, scalable services, incorporating microservice patterns.
• Demonstrable, in-depth knowledge and experience with Scala
• Strong comprehension of computer science fundamentals, object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
• Code (provide GitHub link or smart contract addresses) that demonstrates your ability to build or architect distributed systems and/or blockchain protocols.
• Comfortable working in a devops/CI environment
• Demonstrable strong interest in blockchain, token models and decentralisation and a desire to contribute to thought leadership in the company.
• Experience with Big Data tools such as Spark or Hadoop.
• Functional programming and/or category theory
• Basic understanding of machine learning fundamentals. Validation techniques, model selection, bayesian methods.
• The ability to articulate the pros/cons of current blockchain implementations beyond Ethereum.
• Hands-on experience building on blockchain
• Interest and some understanding of second layer security solutions such as sMPC, zero-knowledge, etc.
$90k – $150k