Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
As a Documentation Engineer at Protocol Labs you will…
- Devise a plan to document all aspects of Filecoin, including usage examples, conceptual documentation and specification writing
- Affect the lives of countless people you help bring into this community
- Work directly with software engineers and user researchers to understand the abstractions and interfaces that Filecoin offers to programmers, and document them in a way that helps programmers go from zero to expert in a step-by-step fashion.
You may be a fit for this role if you have...
- Love to help people learn new technologies through writing, video creation, and other education methods
- Have experience building documentation for software libraries, where the end user is a downstream developer who will use the library in their own project
- Are comfortable reading source code and documenting it
- Understand the challenges of keeping documentation up to date with improvements in the code, and how to write just enough documentation to be helpful but not so much that the docs fall behind the state of the code
- Love writing English language prose, including technical documentation, tutorials and conceptual or explanatory documentation.
- Previous work experience as a software engineerExperience as an educator, educational writer and a demonstrated passion for helping people learn
- Experience with fully remote, distributed organizations
- Familiarity with decentralized building blocks (blockchain, DHTs, smart contracts, p2p networking, etc.)