Enablement Startup Operator
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
In Startup Operations at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Partner cross-functionally to identify opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness across analytics, internal communications, systems and more.
- Conduct external research and use first principles thinking to create solutions for high value, high context problems as needed by Protocol Labs (e.g., internal process, org effectiveness, operations, decision support).
- Build, manage, and support processes critical to org health and efficiency, including metrics/KPIs, internal communications, planning, and decision making.
- Partner with data engineering and tech operations to implement dashboards, reporting, systems, and tooling to enhance Protocol Labs effectiveness.
- Improve execution of Enablement by driving / tracking key strategic initiatives across Enablement, Projects, and Research.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have 6-10 years of experience in product management, business operations & strategy, or management consulting.
- You get a kick out of aligning first principles thinking, research and data insights to achieve great results.
- Have strong problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills, with proficiency in SQL.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- Have deep experience coordinating work across teams with different goals, especially in a global, fully distributed organization.
- Have experience running your own startup or high-growth organization, or have experience in management consulting or corporate strategy .Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- Have a rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Have familiarity and passion for open source, and distributed computing.
- Experience with open source communities/projects.
- Experience with distributed/remote orgs.