NEPRI brings DeFi & Open Finance to 3.6 Billion Ordinary People. It is an Open Finance and Decentralized Financial (DeFi) platform that makes DeFi services & tools accessible to anyone with a smartphone.
How will Open Finance and DeFi cross the chasm? With NEPRI.
NEPRI is a multi-purpose Open Finance and Decentralized Financial platform providing: - the superior and next-generation stablecoin that earns a yield while it’s in your wallet with rich diversified yield generation strategies - a Tokenized Risk and Fluctuation Derivative Asset for DeFi, with a yield strategy based on a cross platform derivatives protocol for any and all fluctuations – and an autonomous and non-custodial stablecoin infrastructure, risk minimised and scalable stable assets are the foundation of a robust DeFi stack. The aim is to build a billion-dollar DeFi protocol
Moreover, we are working on launching a single platform that offers venture funding in tiered risk levels, creating nearly zero-risk venture investments, and provide a solution to close the $5.2 Trillion Credit Gap for formal MSMEs and startups in next frontier and emerging markets with a new asset class based on a structured financial product targeting the $1Trillion Personal Finance Management market. In addition, we are building a fair, accessible, collaborative and inclusive security token sale framework targeting the $14 Trillion Opportunity of Alternative Asset investment.
NEPRI is being built by NEPRI Inc., a company with presence in South Africa and Mauritius. Our core development team is remote and successful applicants are expected to work on remote for the next 3 months.
NEPRI is building a global Open Finance platform that can be used by anyone in frontier and emerging markets with a mobile phone — no banks or intermediaries required. Under the hood, it is a decentralized smart contract platform whose architecture enables mobile phones to easily validate transactions, and it uses stable-value token pegged to fiat currency to minimize volatility. But because NEPRI is building both the underlying infrastructure, a consumer web app and a mobile app, it is taking a “full stack” approach. This means we’re building a complete product or service that can bypass legacy infrastructure and limitations, and more importantly, provide a better end-to-end experience — enabling NEPRI to take the best features of DeFi and pair them with a more seamless user experience.
As of right now, we are looking for a FINANCIAL/INVESTMENT ANALYSIS with a passion for Finance to join our team as a co-founder — if you happen to check all of the boxes below feel free to submit us your resume/CV.
The Financial/Investment Analyst will ensure the competitiveness of the organization by devising strategies and investment plans and prevailing conditions in the Open Finance and Decentralized Finance industry, to ensure that the organization remains a leader within its industry.
He/She must possess a strong practical knowledge and experience of financial derivatives products, structured financial products, asset management, stock exchanges, in addition the capacity to understand as fast as possible DeFi ecosystem, DeFi protocols, crypto economy models, token economic models, Financial Engineering in the DeFi industry, etc.
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- a) Perform financial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects
- b) Develop an investment policy aligned to the company strategy and an investment criterion for evaluating prospective projects
- c) Developing and Creating financial models, derivatives products, structured financial products that enhance return on investment of projects and financial planning.
- d) Preparation financial documents for presentation to potential and current investors on specific investments applications, information memoranda and prospectus
- e) Analyzing company accounts and financial projections and advise the company on how to best position its investments.
- f) Provide updates on traditional financial markets activities and DeFi financial markets in order to right position the company in the global market.
- g) Liaising with institutional fund managers, asset managers, company managers, stock market traders, stockbrokers with a view to expanding funding access while improving market perception.
- h) Conducting market research on the DeFi and Open Finance industry and gather market intelligence to enhance management of funds.
- i) Participating in financial briefing provided by the investment managers and analysts internally and externally.
- j) Maintain up to date information on the latest economic trend, latest and any updates in the DeFi markets and traditional financial markets.
- l) Examining and assessing economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies and design financial products for DeFi sector
More specifically, he/she will research macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions along with company fundamentals to make predictions about businesses, sectors, and industries.
He/She will examine financial data and use their findings to help companies make business decisions.
He/she must be aware of current developments in the DeFi and Open Finance field in which they specialize, as well as in preparing financial models to predict future economic conditions for any number of variables.
Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
Liaise with fund managers and network with industry professionals
Monitor closely financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investment products
Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios
Develop complex financial models, financial products and analyse legal documents
Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc.) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
He will provide team members with financial information, advice and recommendations derived from global investment data.
- researching companies, particularly in terms of their financial functioning
- analysing company accounts, profit and loss sheets and cash flow information
- interpreting complicated financial information
- writing financial research summaries
- regularly meeting with company managers, stock market traders, fund managers and stockbrokers
- making informed recommendations
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- MBAs are preferred
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
The job holder must possess:
- A bachelor's degree in math or finance-related major is helpful, but a master's in finance, a math-related field, or an MBA, as well as industry certifications such as a CFA charter.
- A CFA level certification or at an advanced stage of completion.
- At least three experience in the field of finance and Management.
- Should possess business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting.
- Should have a proven ability to achieve and surpass targets.
- Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation, and presentation