Fintech Policy Analyst
Groups of humans make decisions on monetary, fiscal, and legislative policies. Observatory Group specializes in predicting these policy decisions from a framework of understanding policy makers’ belief systems, biases, institutional boundaries and political considerations.
Observatory Group, an independent research firm servicing global buy-side investors, seeks an analyst to cover the intersection between government and the new technologies that are changing the financial system. The successful candidate will cover regulatory and political issues surrounding crypto assets, central bank digital currencies, decentralized finance, and other emerging threats to the status quo of the financial system.
- Writing weekly pieces for Observatory Group’s client base
- Interacting directly with clients
- Editing pieces from analysts in other disciplines
- Arranging and participating in events with leaders in the field
This is a new area of coverage for Observatory Group, and possibly the world. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated enthusiasm for building this practice within our business.
- exceptional writing and communication skills
- A deep understanding of how policy institutions work, a high level of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to research and make forecasts on a wide array of topics
Compensation and benefits include a competitive base salary, 401K with employer match, fully funded healthcare including dental, PTO, and the potential for a year-end bonus.