Fraud and Risk Manager
at Wyre, Inc
Fraud and Risk Manager
Employment Type: Contractor 3 months to W2 employee
Wyre is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners. Using Wyre’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and 3 cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We’re a start-up that is scaling rapidly and we’re looking for a sharp Fraud and Risk Manager to help us manage our day to day fraud related payment operations. Our ideal person is someone who can jump in the deep end and help us navigate the choppy waters of the industry. Bonus points if you are passionate about blockchain technologies. This position will include working with internal and external partners, the Wyre engineering team, and our external providers to define and implement improvements to the company’s core products.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Established in 2013, Wyre has put its stamp on the fintech world. We’ve grown our expertise in crypto wallets, virtual bank accounts, cross-border money transfer, and corporate payments, and we’re using that knowledge now to help other crypto projects grow by providing the infrastructure. Our mission is to help crypto projects interact with the fiat world. Wyre’s API provides on-ramps and off-ramps, foreign exchange, and crypto liquidity to users of various crypto projects including decentralized exchanges.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district.
How We Work
We’re a group of good and honest people with good intentions to build something meaningful in a very complex and sometimes unknown industry.
Personal interaction, in particular, is something we emphasize a lot. We’ve spent the past few years building a family and strive hard to find people who make others want to be around them. We love to be around happy people. We’re extremely transparent internally and love to build relationships with our partners.
We are self-driven. We are passionate. We are team players. We are family. We are Wyre.
- Manage day to day fraud prevention and mitigation domestically and globally across our suite of payment products
- Develop and monitor tools, processes, and strategies to ensure that they deliver high quality fraud detection while balancing acceptance rates and P&L impacts
- Manage investigations on all payment inquiries, payment recalls, and chargebacks
- Understand Card Scheme rules/regulations and internal procedures that affect risk, fraud and dispute processing
- Implement and manage security measure systems, fraud prevention strategies and alerts
- Manage relationships with banks, clients, and third parties to inform risk-based decision making
- Build fraud analysis models and provide data-driven insight on improving efficiency and effectiveness of the fraud systems
- Work with the product and development teams to identify system improvements to the fraud prevention systems
- Generate risk management reports
- 3-6 years of experience at payments processor, card acquirer, bank in risk or fraud department
- 1 year of experience in a high risk industry working in fraud or risk management
- Experience with Visa and Mastercard risk tools (including 3DS, AVS, etc)
- Extremely tech savvy
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with blockchain analytics tools
- Extremely proactive communicator willing to raise flags when needed and keep team members informed of ongoing risk or fraud related activities
- Efficiency focused
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to have
- Experience working in crypto industry fraud and risk teams
- Experience with alternative payment methods and risks
Perks & Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Work From Home
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup