Front End Engineer
at Meld Gold
Meld Gold is an Australian early stage tech company, creating a digital platform that changes the way gold is bought and sold. We integrate into the existing gold supply chain and will deliver far greater market efficiency through seamless trading and quicker settlement, as well as significantly reducing the slow manual processes that currently exist. For investors and consumers, they will be able to transact in both physical and digital gold tokens utilising a global network of partners and gold suppliers.
Meld is looking for a Front End Engineer who can think outside the box and has demonstrated a strong background in building successful products or systems. You do not need to be a blockchain engineer, but if you have an interest in this rapidly developing industry, this provides the perfect opportunity.
You will be passionate about learning, and comfortable managing a lot of moving parts. Leadership, attention to detail, and being comfortable learning new technologies and systems will be key attributes.
Since this role is fully remote, we are looking for a self-starter with good communication and self-organising skills. You will also demonstrate:
• advanced knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SASS development.
• experience with modern front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Svelte) – we use Svelte.
• experience developing mobile-responsive and mobile-adaptive UI
• familiarity with webpack or other package bundlers.
• experience with dependency and build management (npm/yarn).
• familiarity with protocols such as HTTP(s), REST, GRAPHQL, JSON.
• practical knowledge of writing unit, integration and e2e tests (Cypress/Selenium).
- Bonus points for:
• experience developing Progressive Web Apps
• experience with agile development practices (Kanban, Scrum, TDD) is a plus
• experience with GraphQL.
• experience with Server Side Rendering and Node.js.
• experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
What’s it like to work at Meld Gold?
Meld Gold is looking to bring blockchain technology to enhance the gold supply chain. By doing this we create efficiencies, cost savings and improvements in transaction times for all entities within the industry. By doing this, consumers and investors will gain access to digital and physical gold at more locations, with great ease, initially in Australia and then globally.
Meld at its heart is driven by innovation and the utilisation of technology to enhance experiences. We are providing a key pillar to the future of the gold supply chain. To achieve this, we hire people with broad skill sets, who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry.
Meld is in its early stages of development, and we believe the best is to come. We support each other in an open environment where all ideas will be heard. Be creative, be curious, and believe in knowledge-sharing.
As a company we have an environment of respect and transparency and we empower people to make decisions. We are committed to pushing the boundaries to improve the business in the short term and the long term.