CryptoKitties is the world’s most successful blockchain game, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network at peak times. Unlike cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game’s most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, the BBC, The New York Times, Fast Company, and VICE.
We’re growing and running fast, and looking to welcome a Vancouver-based Front-End Engineer who can help our team build awesome products faster and better.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- You’ll have the opportunity to be at the centre of exciting blockchain projects as we take them from ideation to launch
- You’ll be a part of team of dedicated people passionate about clean code, doing it right, failing fast, and continuously improving and learning
- Our commitment to practical application of best practices in software development—including Agile methodologies, continuous integration, and continuous delivery—and focus on prime user experience and design excellence drives the projects we work on
- You’ll participate in keeping the team’s work guided, supported, and reviewed in a timely fashion to ensure we all move ahead at full speed, learn as much as we can, and ship great products
Our ideal candidate:
- Has led feature development and is able to make autonomous technical decisions about direction and implementation
- Can develop high-quality, reusable, and scalable code in fast-paced projects
- Can adapt to new development workflows, as well as using and contributing to new team tools
- Will help drive the Front-End Engineering team efforts, as well as guide and review other front-end team members’ work
- Has the ability to learn quickly and ramp up on our tech stack
- Can communicate effectively and transparently on technical issues
- Can develop React apps following industry standards and best practices
- Is comfortable working with common industry libraries and packages (Webpack, ESLint, Redux, Gulp.js are good examples)
- Can implement web apps (specifically blockchain dApps) targeting mobile, browser extension, and native (e.g. Electron) distribution
How to apply:
- Send us a copy of your resume
- Answer the following:
What’s the most interesting blockchain / crypto project you’ve seen recently and why?
Above Vancouver average