Frontend engineer - DeFi applications
Wintermute is a leading market maker of digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $3B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the best-in-class trading and technology professionalism coming from team’s expertise in top tier HFTs from traditional markets and 2) technology startup culture, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supporting high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a proprietary trading business. We are a Series B highly profitable startup backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for Frontend Engineer for DeFi Applications who is passionate about building products/applications that people find useful and enjoy using. At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading applications for internal and external users, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed.
What will you work on
This role will involve developing front end applications for Wintermute's new trading products and protocols, as well as internal trading applications. A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. For example, you will also get involved in the day-to-day DeFi trading activities on either trading or development side, based on the match between your skills and company needs.
You will work very closely with traders and trading platform developers. You’ll have an opportunity to improve your knowledge of building high-performance scalable applications, understand broader system architecture and to understand algorithmic crypto currency trading.
We are open to experience from both personal and work-related projects. Interest in algorithmic trading is a plus.
Hard Skills requirements
- Basic understanding of infrastructure required for frontend/servers: CDN, Cloudflare or similar, webservers.
- Good understanding of blockchain basics: blocks, accounts, transactions, smart contracts
- Experience with Web3
- Python knowledge is a strong plus, but not mandatory
- Strong interest in trading
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to other sides of DeFi trading business either on trading or dev sides
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner, work hard and no 9-to-5 "work to pay bills" or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in this particular role at Wintermute and in Wintermute in general. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We will arrange a UK visa sponshorship and help with relocation to London
Similar Blockchain jobs: