Frontend Engineer (with some DevOps/Backend experience)
LocalCoinSwap is a P2P cryptocurrency exchange that allows anyone to buy, sell, hold, and swap Bitcoin, Ethereum Stablecoins, and more.
Users can buy and sell crypto using 250+ payment methods including Bank Transfer, Venmo, Gift Cards, PayPal, and Cash. LocalCoinSwap has developed a range of traditional and non-custodial trading protocols to enable an easy, fast, and secure gateway between traditional finance and the crypto ecosystem.
We have also received treasury funding to build infrastructure on other blockchains such as Polkadot and Kusama.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who has some experience in DevOps and backend.
Preferably we are seeking someone in LATAM due to the timezone and our growing user demographic in the region! However, we are open to other applicants that can cover a similar time zone (approx. 14:00 - 24:00 UTC)
You will get to:
- Work on a wide range of modern tech stack from web frontend to blockchain
- Ship features impacting the financial positions of high-volume traders
- Maintain high standards of code quality and consistency across multiple codebases
- Collaborate with engineering and product stakeholders for efficient deliverability
You will be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have a professional understanding of React.js, Typescript, and Next.js
- Possess great product and design sense from an end-user perspective
- Are comfortable with Python (knowledge of Django is a plus)
- Have good written/verbal communication skills in English
- Empathize with end-user issues and come up with solutions
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people from different time zones
What’s it like working at LocalCoinSwap?
We are a fully remote team working on our crypto trading and wallets products for over 3 years. A bunch of self-driven people with expertise in one area but don’t shy away from dabbling into unknowns. At the current stage, we are looking to build out our user-facing product, add more stability to the systems, and accelerate growth.
Our backend is primarily powered by Python and Django. The frontend is written in Next.js and Tailwind.css. We believe in automation on the dev-ops side.
If you think you can add value to our team, please send in your application with your CV and links to projects you have done in the blockchain space or any other projects that showcase your Frontend and DevOps/Backend skills.