Full Stack Developer
Foundry was created to meet the institutional demand for better capital access, efficiency, and transparency in the digital currency mining and staking industry.
As a Digital Currency Group company, Foundry taps unparalleled institutional expertise, capital, and market intelligence to provide North American bitcoin miners and global manufacturers with the resources to build, maintain, and secure decentralized networks.
Foundry empowers miners with the tools they need to build tomorrow’s decentralized infrastructure. We are protocol-agnostic and seek to support like-minded blockchain entrepreneurs who share our mission to advance the industry.
The Full Stack Developer position is a rare and exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate individual to join the team at Foundry, a newly formed subsidiary of the blockchain industry’s most prolific and active investor, Digital Currency Group. Working closely with the CEO, the Full Stack Developer will be focused on optimizing and analyzing Foundry’s mining and staking operations.
Candidate Must Haves:
- 4+ years professional experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and interested in Bitcoin, blockchain, and tech entrepreneurship
- Strong understanding of web services, databases, and data analysis
- Interest in researching topics related to digital assets, mining, and staking
- Have a working knowledge of databases and monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of Bitcoin mining and/or interest to learn development
- Strong Java programming skills (4+ years professional experience). Kotlin skills preferred.
- ReactJS front-end development (1+ year of experience)
- Ubuntu Linux system administration
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Database Operations (SQL, NoSQL, Redis)
- Cloud servers such as Amazon AWS and Digital Ocean
- Experience in operating mining, staking, or running validating node efforts
- Microservices architecture
- Git version control
- A passion for learning
- Proactive self-starter with a solutions-focused, positive attitude
- Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Reliable time management skills and method for tracking objectives and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to independently manage short term projects from conception to execution and power through setbacks with focus and determination
- Comfort adapting to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of accountability and urgency
- Appreciation of input and candid feedback
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure of the DCG Foundry mining and staking operations. This includes:
- Front-end website (ReactJS)
- API server
- Back-end software for managing Bitcoin wallet and automating transactions. This software interfaces with Bitcoin Core full nodes through the RPC protocol.
- Ensure strong system security to protect funds in Bitcoin wallet.
- Ubuntu Linux system administration for servers running in Amazon AWS or colocation datacenter.
- Write documentation on how to maintain and troubleshoot the system.
- Remain in an on-call rotation with other engineers in the team to troubleshoot critical downtime.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.