Full Stack Ethereum Developer
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company providing security audits and developer tools for decentralized systems that power multimillion-dollar networks.
At OpenZeppelin, we have built the leading solution for the secure execution of business transactions via smart contracts, with a 12% market share and maintained by a community of 200+ contributors. Our unique expertise and technology also allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, Coinbase, Compound, and Facebook’s Libra, among other leading organizations.
With the success of our product, our security audits work, and our educational efforts, we have set industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you'll be doing
As a full stack Ethereum developer, you will join the team working on Defender, a new services platform for operational security of smart contract systems. Defender was publicly launched in October, and it’s already being used by top teams in the space such as Compound, Aave, dYdX, PoolTogether, Opyn, Notional.
Behind the scenes, Defender is built as a serverless application running on AWS with plans for decentralized self-hosting in the future. The entire application is coded in Typescript, and we use Svelte for the frontend.
In this role, you will play an essential part in the building of our new platform and services, by developing new components, communicating with our users to gather feedback, and working collaboratively with the rest of the team to make sure we provide a good user experience. Defender is geared to simplify the secure operation of smart contract systems, so you will need a good understanding of Ethereum to achieve these goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and implement components on a serverless stack with a web-based frontend, including several Ethereum integrations.
- Participate in user interviews to collect and evaluate feedback from our users to derive new features.
- Contribute to building a great user experience.
- Help build a reliable, scalable, and high-performance backend, with a strong focus on security.
- 3+ years of experience in full stack development.
- Experience building web rich applications.
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks: react, vue, angular, svelte.
- Desire to learn about Ethereum and contribute to the blockchain space.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Knowledge in AWS and serverless frameworks.
- Familiarity with Typescript and NodeJS.
- Experience with Svelte.
- Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
- Paid leave for new parents.
- Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
- Free lunch.
- Coworking: Unlimited access to a coworking of your choice.
- Training: Technical training, language lessons in any language of your choice.